Does US Economy Matter

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

I am reading the transcript of today's Bernanke's speech. I have only gotten to the bottom of the first paragraph when this sentence struck me as odd, but hardly unique. It also happens to be the subject matter of the same topic raised by Paulsen almost every time he speaks about economy---that is, global economy. Soon, all that will matter will be global: employment, interest rates and trade. US economy will only matter in minds of some fastidious credit collectors and bureaucratic record keepers ---mostly irrelevant to those who seek to exploit and profit from global markets.

Although financial markets around the world have come under pressure in the past few months, I will focus my comments primarily on the United States. , Ben Bernanke, October 15, 2007

Edited by linrom1, 15 October 2007 - 08:30 PM.

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

And whats your point ?

#3 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

And whats your point ?

Bernanke will cut rates again since global economy is dependent on US consumption. :lol

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:16 PM

And whats your point ?

Bernanke will cut rates again since global economy is dependent on US consumption. :lol

I can live with that.

He'd be wrong not to cut the rates.

#5 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:21 PM

And whats your point ?

I can live with that.

He'd be wrong not to cut the rates.

you would have argued against rate cuts a few months ago. look at gold and crude since bending ben cut .50 bps.

you think the fed will cut at the next meeting?

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#6 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

"He'd be wrong not to cut the rates." Yea, it would "just wrong" to not give the retired, disabled, and low income folks in the U.S. another huge round of inflation to try and deal with-so that "Cramers people" can be assured profits.

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

I would've never argued against the rate cut and never did.

The problems are too real to ignore and the economy must be bailed out before they got out of control.

Global growth of course is a solid counterbalancing force, but rates must go down.

"He'd be wrong not to cut the rates."

Yea, it would "just wrong" to not give the retired, disabled, and low income folks in the U.S. another huge round of inflation to try and deal with-so that "Cramers people" can be assured profits.

Yes, lets crash the economy completely, trigger a snowball of defaults in corporate and minuciapals, and leave millions unemployed, homeless and in poverty. But we'll feel moraly superior. .... manure.

#8 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:55 PM

The problems are too real to ignore and the economy must be bailed out before they got out of control.

Global growth of course is a solid counterbalancing force, but rates must go down.

Yea, it would "just wrong" to not give the retired, disabled, and low income folks in the U.S. another huge round of inflation to try and deal with-so that "Cramers people" can be assured profits.

Yes, lets crash the economy completely, trigger a snowball of defaults in corporate and minuciapals, and leave millions unemployed, homeless and in poverty. But we'll feel moraly superior. .... manure.

Manure? Exactly what would you put forward to show the economy is on the verge of a complete crash? Your purchase of over a hundred stocks hardly indicates that is your true belief?

Edited by thespookyone, 15 October 2007 - 11:00 PM.

#9 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:55 PM

so i guess that means you think they'll keep cutting :lol: ?

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#10 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:01 AM

Benny will what the stock market and the elite want him to do 25 bp more in october and then that is it for this year long term rates are going up, so basically he can cut without any negative economic effects nonetheless bears will continue to talk about inflation