$NYA must visit the 200ma at minimum

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:14 PM

This is an update to a previous chart I posted two days ago that got all of 115 reads. I really don't know why I bother. There's more to this chart that's edited out here because I don't want to bother with the discussion time. Don't worry, Mr. Market will reveal it to you anyway. Until then, expect another 3% drop from here.

Have a great weekend.

Posted Image

Edited by spielchekr, 19 October 2007 - 07:23 PM.

#2 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

Oops, missed one.

Posted Image

#3 gti_99

gti_99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

Hi, spielchekr, thanks, always appreciate your post. I often check this link: http://www.bullandbe...m/SOMAChart.asp, as brought by you sometimes back. What do you think of the high bar for the last two days? Seems the Fed is still pumping. Thanks.

#4 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

I'm just a chart jockey. Brush up on Hussman's recent posts, he's far more articulate about that than I'd ever hope to be. http://www.hussmanfu...ketComment.html

Hi, spielchekr, thanks, always appreciate your post. I often check this link: http://www.bullandbe...m/SOMAChart.asp, as brought by you sometimes back. What do you think of the high bar for the last two days? Seems the Fed is still pumping. Thanks.

#5 underabigw

underabigw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:07 PM

Spielchekr, I'm sorry your post don't get more readership. FWIW, I always look forward to your posts and have great respect for your work. Sometimes it's over my head, but I feel like I always learn something from them. Please continue to post. Two of the things that stand out that I have learned from your work. Always take 9 to 1 up volume days and Hindenburg Omens seriously. B) Thanks for sharing your work! UBW

#6 gti_99

gti_99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for the link to the Hussman weekly comment. Looks like I need to do some reading about the notion of "freshly injected liquidity", nothing is obvious in reading the market things. Now, today we have about 19 to 1 down volume on NYSE and about 11 to 1 down volume on NASDAQ. I remembered the last time it happened on this scale (maybe in Aug?) the market bounced back sharply the next day (10 to 1 up). We'll see what happens this time. If it does not bounce up big, maybe indeed the market climate has changed, as Hussman says in his report.

#7 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:46 AM

continue to bother! seems like we could break down from here, but could be saved as we haven't crossed the 45 point yet 3 per cent down i am looking at 1475 to hold for sp500 will be interesting how post opex things work out they closed it at the low - have seen this before followed by up monday

#8 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:26 PM

Thing is, I don't see any saving (bouncing) going on in this chart once 45 has been tagged. Then again, it's always folly to blindly assume that things are 100% per past performance. Trust me, your view is appreciated.

continue to bother!

seems like we could break down from here, but could be saved as we haven't crossed the 45 point yet

3 per cent down

i am looking at 1475 to hold for sp500

will be interesting how post opex things work out

they closed it at the low - have seen this before followed by up monday

#9 slatedrake

slatedrake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

hey Spiel,

Hope you don't mind - I took your excellent work (well..and assorted bits and pieces from the other top guns here..) and played around a little. By the way - your charts are always VERY much appreciated.

Just looking at a similar period...maybe...

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NYA200R&p=D&yr=5&mn=7&dy=0&i=p14193910619&a=120045164&r=2866@.png
Before you start trading get your brain around risk control. Know how much leverage you're using and know when to go to cash if you're wrong.

#10 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:08 PM

What are you trying to do, make it look really scary? :lol: I'm just taking this minefield one step at a time.