Buying "some" gold and silver positions

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:26 AM

this morning. Senor has several orders in muy south of recent closes in the gold and silver sector. Will put on about 35-40% of a large position this morning. Senor was ALL in cash going into today in his allotments to this sector. Risky maybe, but Senor likes to buy when other hombres are panicking! PURE BS Senor

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:33 AM

nice play! i tip my sombrero to the senor! dharma

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

Risky maybe...

Not really. With the FED moving aggressively this morning, and gold finding support at its .382 retracement level of $864, the 5th wave extension idea remains in play.

It's quite simple really...the more cuts we see from the FED, the higher gold will go because of the inflationary expectation caused by this same monetary stimulus.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

yes, fib, you are correct, the fed lowering and all the money that the administration is going to throw @this thing will nourish gold. it sure doesnt look like a wave 4, if we go to new highs here! dharma :bull: :sweatingbullets: :lol:

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:29 AM

Risky maybe...

Not really. With the FED moving aggressively this morning, and gold finding support at its .382 retracement level of $864, the 5th wave extension idea remains in play.

It's quite simple really...the more cuts we see from the FED, the higher gold will go because of the inflationary expectation caused by this same monetary stimulus.

Fib

Were you doing actual buying at the opening like Senor posted 5-10 minutes before that opening? Just curious amigo. Senor put his pesos where his mouth was - did you? Its easy to come here after the fact and say its "simple".

NO BS

Senor

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

Were you doing actual buying at the opening like Senor posted 5-10 minutes before that opening? Just curious amigo. Senor put his pesos where his mouth was - did you? Its easy to come here after the fact and say its "simple".

My post was written as complimentary towards your stepping up when others don't necessarily do so, and not one of spite as you suggest.

I'm not here to take the spotlight away from you or anyone else, but if you believe this to be the case, I humbly withdrawal the post, and to help you out in your time of self inflicted inferiority, my participation as well.

The board is all yours.

Have a nice day.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

My post was written as complimentary towards your stepping up when others don't necessarily do so, and not one of spite as you suggest.

I'm not here to take the spotlight away from you or anyone else, but if you believe this to be the case, I humbly withdrawal the post, and to help you out in your time of self inflicted inferiority, my participation as well.

The board is all yours.

Have a nice day.

Fib

LOL Amigo you need a thicker skin. I was very curious if you were buying?

NO BS

Senor

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:04 PM

tensions running too high here i think...

#9 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

more signs of a bottom? perhaps

BSing away

Senor

#10 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

more signs of a bottom? perhaps

BSing away

Senor

Go Senor.

As Cramer would say "Buy,BUY,BUY.!"

I agree with the rate cut phenomenon. Many more basis points priced in already. Bennie will be slashing like Wal-mart. Gold will blow through 900 and then 1000 this year. I don't think price is ready to run away just yet though. One still has time to make some pesos if that is what one desires. B)
OTIS.