We're there!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:14 AM

We are in a crucial area right here. If 97/ 220 area does not hold, could get ugly for gold. We have dipped at little below these areas but seem to be pausing. It could rally from here, but if we don't... watch out below. I think we may bounce before eventually breaking these marks. Going long NEM with tight stops. If we break down from this area, I'm out. Pmilly

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:57 AM

I did the same thing Pmilly and took myself out with7cents/share loss. probably premature but the gold mini contract was making new lows for the regular session. they seem to be going with the stock market today and recently. good luck scott

#3 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 12:26 PM

was watching prior weeks' low of 215-217 for HUI and 95-96 for XAU and they held this morning despite HUI's break below 220 yesterday. The break down from yesterday seemed to exposed some weakness in silver stocks (HL, CDE, SSRI, PAAS.) South African gold stocks and last year's laggards, seemed to had held up better, so I just bought DROOY, GFI, HMY, KGC and KRY instead (MDG and AEM are in this group also.) good luck trading. Debating now whether to non-SA gold stocks, BGO and GSS. good luck trading, SC.

#4 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 01:35 PM

Moving stops up to break even. I was behind there for a little bit right after the trade but stuck with it. It looks as if NEM and the golds will run here for a little bit. Kicking myself for not buying more. Oh well. Stop in place just in case. I will move them up at the end of the day if we continue to roll here. Good luck to skott, SC, and all others trading gold today. Pmilly

#5 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 02:50 PM

good going Pmilly, I sat thru the down period also then exited. bought again and exited with a profit just before the big move up. wild day today. scott