Where is everyone?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

single day gold declines in a few decades. Complacency? Stunned? Disinterest? Where's the BS? Senor

#2 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

I'm here. It looks like 92.5 or so is going to hold for GLD. Maybe everyone is loading up. :rolleyes: uh

#3 Rock

Rock

• Traders-Talk User
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:49 PM

I was mentally prepared for a counter attack. Here it is. Big deal. Plunges in 4/04, 9/06, 8/07 scared me. They don't scare me any more. I'm not holding options. I'm holding stocks with hundreds of millions of proven gold and silver assets. They aren't going anywhere and neither am I. I was a trader. Now I'm a holder. This pack of arrogant, manipulating puppetteers thinks they're smart. I think they're done. FINITO!

#4 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

I was mentally prepared for a counter attack.
Here it is. Big deal.
Plunges in 4/04, 9/06, 8/07 scared me.
They don't scare me any more.
I'm not holding options. I'm holding stocks
with hundreds of millions of proven gold and silver
assets. They aren't going anywhere and neither am I.
I was a trader. Now I'm a holder.
This pack of arrogant, manipulating puppetteers
thinks they're smart. I think they're done.
FINITO!

I fully agree with you - I was expecting this and believe many people will be loading up. Most of my gold is in the metal itself which I accumulated at levels around $270-$350 and held it and held it. I added a little more at around $800 and then sold off 1/3 at $930 or so. Recouped all my investment and everything else I have is gravy. Even with today's action, my average cost per ounce is $411.
Mary Anne

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:19 PM

Here it is. Big deal.
FINITO!

I fully agree with you - I was expecting this and believe many people will be loading up. Most of my gold is in the metal itself which I accumulated at levels around $270-$350 and held it and held it. I added a little more at around $800 and then sold off 1/3 at $930 or so. Recouped all my investment and everything else I have is gravy. Even with today's action, my average cost per ounce is $411.
Mary Anne

Muy bueno and well! You are grande studess! The Ricarda Russell of this forum.

BSing away

Senor

#6 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

Here it is. Big deal.
FINITO!

Mary Anne

Mary, are you using coins and bars to hold the physical? How do you store and sell? Unless you mean gold ETF's.

I got into DZZ a couple of days ago. Probably should have unloaded today. I like Senor's vehicles GLD, GDX, SLV, CEF which are a play on the physical. Gold stocks are still stocks in a bear market. If we've bottomed out in the general market already, they may do better than the physical, seems to me. Is this and future moves in gold tied to what the dollar does is the question....

---Out

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

hui held its hourly divergences xau didnt. another divergence. there are 2 ways to draw the parabolic: 1 way is start it @the june lows and connect it to the august lows- it comes in @the 850s(this is approximate) the other is draw it starting @the 8/16 lows and that comes @the low 900s. one or both of these will hold. i dont think the parabolic gets broken. thats what my work shows. dharma this is all i have to say, until the market reveals its hand. i will say this, the parabola from the 10/6 lows reached its objective. its why i changed my mind yesterday and thought we had topped. i await w/keen interest to see which one of these parabolas are functioning. ps. the 850 idea is already very crowded on the boards. maybe the market will accommodate them all

Edited by dharma, 19 March 2008 - 03:33 PM.

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

hui held its hourly divergences xau didnt. another divergence.
there are 2 ways to draw the parabolic: 1 way is start it @the june lows and connect it to the august lows- it comes in @the 850s(this is approximate)
the other is draw it starting @the 8/16 lows and that comes @the low 900s. one or both of these will hold. i dont think the parabolic gets broken. thats what my work shows. dharma
this is all i have to say, until the market reveals its hand. i will say this, the parabola from the 10/6 lows reached its objective. its why i changed my mind yesterday and thought we had topped. i await w/keen interest to see which one of these parabolas are functioning.
ps. the 850 idea is already very crowded on the boards. maybe the market will accommodate them all

Could hold 935, muy importante level. Senor would love a grande washout to 750 but it is very unlikely. If 935 holds and it looks bueno then Senor will want to slowly scale back in. Cash feels bueno here.

BS all the way Senor

#9 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

deer in front of the headlights is probably the best i can say for myself. Fortunately i was mostly out n my retirement funds and being nimble with the juniors in my trading account is not my forte. so now i wait and watch the fall with some pain and looking forward to buy targets. Waht does scare me is this fall COULD be much larger than most think although i must say i have seen quite a few " THE top is in calls"

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

deer in front of the headlights is probably the best i can say for myself. Fortunately i was mostly out n my retirement funds and being nimble with the juniors in my trading account is not my forte. so now i wait and watch the fall with some pain and looking forward to buy targets. Waht does scare me is this fall COULD be much larger than most think although i must say i have seen quite a few " THE top is in calls"

My thoughts too amigo, the worldwide environment is like never before and with the credit/liqudity crisis I EXPECT to see GRANDE moves nobody can believe. Senor really does think Gold could drop to 750-770 and silver to 15. Senor will have the trucks ready to rock n roll if we did get there.

BS is beautiful

Senor