Where is everyone?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

I was mentally prepared for a counter attack.
Here it is. Big deal.
Plunges in 4/04, 9/06, 8/07 scared me.
They don't scare me any more.
I'm not holding options. I'm holding stocks
with hundreds of millions of proven gold and silver
assets. They aren't going anywhere and neither am I.
I was a trader. Now I'm a holder.
This pack of arrogant, manipulating puppetteers
thinks they're smart. I think they're done.
FINITO!

I fully agree with you - I was expecting this and believe many people will be loading up. Most of my gold is in the metal itself which I accumulated at levels around $270-$350 and held it and held it. I added a little more at around $800 and then sold off 1/3 at $930 or so. Recouped all my investment and everything else I have is gravy. Even with today's action, my average cost per ounce is $411.
Mary Anne

I have a safe. I hold coins and 10 oz bars. I've been thinking of moving $10,000 into gld ETF however as they have to buy the physical gold to cover the investments. HOWEVER - one caveat - I think after this crises in the US is coming to an end the Government will confiscate - the ETF is over and they can bite my you know what.

Mary, are you using coins and bars to hold the physical? How do you store and sell? Unless you mean gold ETF's.

I got into DZZ a couple of days ago. Probably should have unloaded today. I like Senor's vehicles GLD, GDX, SLV, CEF which are a play on the physical. Gold stocks are still stocks in a bear market. If we've bottomed out in the general market already, they may do better than the physical, seems to me. Is this and future moves in gold tied to what the dollar does is the question....

---Out

#12 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

Here it is. Big deal.
FINITO!

I fully agree with you - I was expecting this and believe many people will be loading up. Most of my gold is in the metal itself which I accumulated at levels around $270-$350 and held it and held it. I added a little more at around $800 and then sold off 1/3 at $930 or so. Recouped all my investment and everything else I have is gravy. Even with today's action, my average cost per ounce is $411.
Mary Anne

I have a safe and have both coins and 10 oz bars. Also have lots of silver and two little platinum 1 oz.coins with panda's on them that are so cute. I am thinking about moving $10,000 into the GLD ETF - HOWEVER - This is my caution to those who hold precious metals as MONEY - the Government can confiscate. If your in the ETF you could get screwed.

Mary, are you using coins and bars to hold the physical? How do you store and sell? Unless you mean gold ETF's.

I got into DZZ a couple of days ago. Probably should have unloaded today. I like Senor's vehicles GLD, GDX, SLV, CEF which are a play on the physical. Gold stocks are still stocks in a bear market. If we've bottomed out in the general market already, they may do better than the physical, seems to me. Is this and future moves in gold tied to what the dollar does is the question....

---Out

#13 Gold3600

Gold3600

• Traders-Talk User
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

Where was I? Doing kartwheels and backflips and shouting out thankyou!!!! No BS!

#14 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

as the euor goes ,so goes gold
http://forums.techni...post?id=2418423

#15 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Here it is. Big deal.
FINITO!

Mary Anne

Muy bueno and well! You are grande studess! The Ricarda Russell of this forum.

BSing away

Senor

Senor Emperor w/ nc. - your reply to this message reeks of sarcasm, and is out of line and uncalled for. Your initial post is quite obvious, and not as subtle as you might think. It had no basis for being said. From a percent standpoint the swing is no big deal. Its gold, it had a major run up. Its a small market. And volitility is part of the deal. I dare say, the board knows that. Go ahead and gloat if you want. Rather than a not so subtle post about "where is everyone ?" Why not be forthright and say: "Did you see that ? did you see my call ? darn I'm good, aren't I ? I got out before everyone else did. "
OTIS.

#16 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

I for one think Senor should strutt anround and be as happy as he wants to be. This is supposed to be fun and he is the only one having a GRANDE TIME> So bring on the BS because it is great stuff. We are really lucky to have someone here with as much experience (meant in a respectful way) as he has so I love it. Keep it coming and as for did you see that . Holy smokes he is the only one that did see that or have enough guts to say what he is doing before the fact. That is an awesome trader.

#17 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

indeed: i do not think senor was being critical of mary either. he shares what he sees freely on this thread. his calls have been amongst the best

#18 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Here it is. Big deal.
FINITO!

Mary Anne

Muy bueno and well! You are grande studess! The Ricarda Russell of this forum.

BSing away

Senor

Senor Emperor w/ nc. - your reply to this message reeks of sarcasm, and is out of line and uncalled for. Your initial post is quite obvious, and not as subtle as you might think. It had no basis for being said. From a percent standpoint the swing is no big deal. Its gold, it had a major run up. Its a small market. And volitility is part of the deal. I dare say, the board knows that. Go ahead and gloat if you want. Rather than a not so subtle post about "where is everyone ?" Why not be forthright and say: "Did you see that ? did you see my call ? darn I'm good, aren't I ? I got out before everyone else did. "

Huh? Amigo it was sincerely meant as a compliment to her and to be funny. I really do not know what your problem is, I commend here for buying low and hanging on so long - one of the hardest things to do in the investing universe and something Senor is not very good at but improving on. Why did you take it so negatively?

NO BS

Senor

#19 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

I think it is a guy thing. I got the compliment to Mary easy. But I am female and not looking at the markets as such an adversarial place. (Wrong spelling). Great BS senor. Even more fun now. Yes I wish I had been able to do as Mary did also. Not to be though for me. I am a trader.

#20 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

I think it is a guy thing. I got the compliment to Mary easy. But I am female and not looking at the markets as such an adversarial place. (Wrong spelling). Great BS senor. Even more fun now. Yes I wish I had been able to do as Mary did also. Not to be though for me. I am a trader.

Gracias for your perspective, I thought it was obvious that I was clearly trying to compliment her in a humurous way. I have always been and remain a trader at heart. Having different accounts has allowed me to just stick some positions in them and leave it be for the most part. The bulk of my assets I trade, usually with a several week horizon, sometimes longer, in mind.

BSing away

Senor