trolling

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

this is the 2nd announcement for imf gold sales. they will announce this a few times. the actual sale will be bought up by 1 or a couple of countries, it will never hit the market! never has. i am starting to troll, adding to positions. yesterday, was the bradley one of the dates that i mentioned. the next time frame is late next week. it appears to me that we had an impulse off the lows, so @the least we should get another impulse. ps. i have been holding my position since the lows of 05, @times i trade up to 10% i am about 95% invested @present. it has served me quite well. i am trying to stay w/the trend and let it do its thing. markets never change, they are based on human emotion. the key is let the trend work for you, and not let my emotions get in the way. dharma ps. in bull markets, one buys the dips.

Edited by dharma, 08 April 2008 - 11:04 AM.

#2 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

dharma, you could not be more realistic in your strategy. I have been in gold and silver for years and I always add when we get a pull back. The IMF is another thing. I am suspicioious of any governmental action. Why Now? Maybe - They EU and China - know that they are going to inflate so they conspire to scare gold bugs just before they hit the button to start the presses. Inflation is a disease and it is coming an epidemic to hold trade. In any case, there will be more US rate cuts that hurt the dollar and help gold. I am in until they give up , reform or croke. :redbull: Islander.

#3 gvc

gvc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

yesterday, was the bradley one of the dates that i mentioned. the next time frame is late next week. it appears to me that we had an impulse off the lows, so @the least we should get another impulse.

about a year or so ago I did a backtest of bradley dates with the xau and found that although the dates did coincide with turns give or take a day or two, the magnitude of the turns varied quite a bit with not much correlation to the particular bradley graph turn. There were several turn dates that produced a xau turn of only a few days before resuming the major trend and also other turns which were quite significant in terms of a complete reversal lasting several weeks.

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

this is the 2nd announcement for imf gold sales. they will announce this a few times. the actual sale will be bought up by 1 or a couple of countries, it will never hit the market! never has. i am starting to troll, adding to positions. yesterday, was the bradley one of the dates that i mentioned. the next time frame is late next week. it appears to me that we had an impulse off the lows, so @the least we should get another impulse.
ps. i have been holding my position since the lows of 05, @times i trade up to 10% i am about 95% invested @present. it has served me quite well. i am trying to stay w/the trend and let it do its thing. markets never change, they are based on human emotion. the key is let the trend work for you, and not let my emotions get in the way.
dharma
ps. in bull markets, one buys the dips.

I will start "trolling" if I get the next south of the border move I expect in the HUI, maybe down to 400, give or take some. That is what Senor wants and expects top see happen.

PURE BS

Senor

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

dharma, you could not be more realistic in your strategy. I have been in gold and silver for years and I always add when we get a pull back. The IMF is another thing. I am suspicioious of any governmental action. Why Now? Maybe - They EU and China - know that they are going to inflate so they conspire to scare gold bugs just before they hit the button to start the presses. Inflation is a disease and it is coming an epidemic to hold trade. In any case, there will be more US rate cuts that hurt the dollar and help gold. I am in until they give up , reform or croke. :redbull: Islander.

the imf sold gold all during the last bull market. prices continued higher. it wasnt til they changed the rules on silver that the parabolic was broken. ie, one could only sell silver contracts, no buying. amazing isnt it. so the market cratered.
the parabolic hasnt expressed itself yet. it will!
i have also been accumulating for years, but i stepped up my position @the 05 lows and will remain 100% committed until the parabolic goes into hyperdrive. we have not had a limit up day!
dharma :redbull:

#6 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

I gotta keep it simple. Dharma and me have learned the same lesson. Hold to you make more money than you could have imagined or bust. I doubt I will be able to hold out for the top, so all I can hope for is to be able to sell off parcels on the way up, always keeping some for even more amazing profits.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

the g7 meets this weekend. the falling dollar has become problematic for everyone. however, although coordinated intervention in the past has been very successful, interest rates in the usa have not stopped going down. i expect more spin out of the g7 w/little substance. the main problem in the usa is the problems the brokers and banks are having w/real estate. black rock is not lost on gold. there are so many cracks in the system, it is early in this cycle for gold to get mojo, but is coming before months end. dharma surprises will be on the upside :redbull:

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

the crude oil chart displayed a w bottoming pattern in january, and it also made one in march which is now showing signs of another up thrust. this is a very reliable bottoming pattern. 120oil anyone. 1k gold xau/gold ratio is still below the long term buy of .2 some point i have to think the shares will ketchup! mining will be seen as a good biz dharma

#9 lhslancers3270

lhslancers3270

• Traders-Talk User
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

We hit resistance today at the highs in Gold and Silver. I imagine a bull trap could be set on moves to 19.50 and 970. Even stronger stocks like Hecla are showing no upside volume here. I am buying physical on big breaks but think this might morph into a much larger correction. Previous haircuts have been on the order of 20-25% in Gold so a move under 800 is still a possibility.

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

if one looks @ achart of oil, one sees 2 w bottoms, the 2nd of which we are coming out of and higher #s are in store for oil. in the gold sector there are w bottoms. eg. xau/hui etc dont know how much upside we have but w botttoms are a reliable indicator for bottoms, as ms are reliable top indicators dharma