Got Gold and GDX?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:22 AM

morning, maybe we leave a little island bottom and make a muy importante bottom? Senor will drink to that! The pitcher of margs is primed and ready. :P BS is beautiful Senor

#2 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

The "nose" knows!!! Congratulations Senor. You've done it again. :cheer: And yes, I have GDX and added to my position Friday. Sipping coffee. :D

Best to you

Edited by johngeorge, 16 June 2008 - 08:39 AM.

Peace
johngeorge

#3 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

starting to look like an El Grande good call ... lets see if they can break the neckline of the inverse H&S this month... Daily Macd still needs to turn up. I do believe when and if gold goes above 1000 again it will be EL GRANDE GRANDE norte... then no time to sip margaritas, but instead hold handle bars for the ride of our lives...

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:08 AM

I'm short again starting a position this morning in HGD.TO @ 10.40. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

starting to look like an El Grande good call ... lets see if they can break the neckline of the inverse H&S this month...

Daily Macd still needs to turn up.

I do believe when and if gold goes above 1000 again it will be EL GRANDE GRANDE norte... then no time to sip margaritas, but instead hold handle bars for the ride of our lives...

Senor is laughing is sombrero off at that amigo! The Margs make that ride so mucho easier! Senor agrees that if this is the "one" then we might go way, way norte of 1000. Senor will of course take it one step at a time. Bueno trading to all.

NO BS

Senor

#6 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

I'm short again starting a position this morning in HGD.TO @ 10.40.

cheers,

john

What is "HGD.TO", and if you are shorting the gold sector that is in Senor's opinion a muy risky and low odds move at this time - FWIW.

BSing away

Senor

#7 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

I'm short again starting a position this morning in HGD.TO @ 10.40.

cheers,

john

And that's what makes a market. Good luck to you............................................and me. :D
Peace
johngeorge

#8 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

HGD.TO is a 2x short gold miners index. So I'm long HGD.TO again which is a short play on the HUI and XAU. I shorted when the HUI was hovering around 435 and closed the position last week with HUI at 400. The HUI is putting up a fight at HUI 400. But the weekly charts are all on sells. Good luck. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#9 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

i believe john is right and we need another fast move down. then tor will start to initiate some positions. the bulls appear to early on this one, but heij....good luck! i believe those looking for upward progression ould be better off scaling in here, slowly rather than quickly. 2 weeks window here. this is just my opinion. I respect a lot of the good traders and calls made here, but my personal view, based on my cycle work and wave count.

Edited by Tor, 16 June 2008 - 10:38 AM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

not sure how you do it, but Andale andale, Aribab ariba, norte norte! the yen: gold ratio is tied at the waist imo. the yen lloks like down could well be over in here nearbye despite desperate efforts to keep the carry alive, i think housewives have wearied of the overseas currency game, and want to shop at home some more in Nihon