Got Gold and GDX?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

interesting that gld makes island bottom but USO makes possible island top.... gold oil ratio may benefit gold going forward

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

personally, i have never read, or met anyone who has gotten rich going against the prevailing trend i have never met a successful cycle analyst. cycles are always varying in length, even when they are fairly constant. i dont give this last bottom a high probability of being the low, i also doubt that the 846 low gets broken and if it does, it wont be by much. the triangle in the dollar looks complete. there is alot more downside to come. americans are going to be underclassed compared to the rest of the world, but poor folks make soldiers. make no mistake, gold will hit 1200 this year. dharma

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

personally, i have never read, or met anyone who has gotten rich going against the prevailing trend
i have never met a successful cycle analyst. cycles are always varying in length, even when they are fairly constant.
i dont give this last bottom a high probability of being the low, i also doubt that the 846 low gets broken and if it does, it wont be by much. the triangle in the dollar looks complete. there is alot more downside to come. americans are going to be underclassed compared to the rest of the world, but poor folks make soldiers. make no mistake, gold will hit 1200 this year. dharma

Amigo, Senor see's no Dollar index triangle, it looks like a double zigzag rally from the lows may have ended, but no contracting triangle.

Regards and NO BS

Senor

#14 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

Covered my short on the open this morning for a small profit. Watch & wait now. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

personally, i have never read, or met anyone who has gotten rich going against the prevailing trend
i have never met a successful cycle analyst. cycles are always varying in length, even when they are fairly constant.
i dont give this last bottom a high probability of being the low, i also doubt that the 846 low gets broken and if it does, it wont be by much. the triangle in the dollar looks complete. there is alot more downside to come. americans are going to be underclassed compared to the rest of the world, but poor folks make soldiers. make no mistake, gold will hit 1200 this year. dharma

Amigo, Senor see's no Dollar index triangle, it looks like a double zigzag rally from the lows may have ended, but no contracting triangle.

Regards and NO BS

Senor

in either event, this upwave in the dollar is finished. for gold surprises will be on the upside. not looking for much this summer. but after that watch out. dharma

#16 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:18 AM

Regards and NO BS

Senor

To me that double zig zag looks like a rising trading channel that is about 2 points wide. 11/07 low at 74.4 may also be a horizontal resistance level creating a confluence of resistance at 74-74.4. My point is that it appears to me the path of least resistance for the USD is down to about 72, then another zig up to 74.3 or so.
uh

#17 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

Senor [/quote] To me that double zig zag looks like a rising trading channel that is about 2 points wide. 11/07 low at 74.4 may also be a horizontal resistance level creating a confluence of resistance at 74-74.4. My point is that it appears to me the path of least resistance for the USD is down to about 72, then another zig up to 74.3 or so. uh [/quote] Perhaps, but it could just as easily be finito and down toward 69-70 it goes. BSing away Senor

#18 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

"Perhaps, but it could just as easily be finito and down toward 69-70 it goes. BSing away" Yes but, Imho, not as easily. We have 4 touchs on the trendline so the support is not virgin. It has been hit before. Also 2 to 10 yr treasurey rates have firmed up and should give fundamental support to the USD. Of course this is all speculation, like you say, all BS. uh

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

"Perhaps, but it could just as easily be finito and down toward 69-70 it goes.

BSing away"

Yes but, Imho, not as easily. We have 4 touchs on the trendline so the support is not virgin. It has been hit before. Also 2 to 10 yr treasurey rates have firmed up and should give fundamental support to the USD. Of course this is all speculation, like you say, all BS.

uh

now, or later, no matter, the dollar is toast. nothing is being done to correct any of the major problems

dharma

#20 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Got FXE and GLD up a little and holding their opens, and got a positive candle in GDX so bought some on the close. But there is no volume and fully half of my usual metals basket are not even on intraday buys for this swing. This rally looks really ragged. Holding an extremely tight stop.

So far it's nothing but a Peggy Lee trade, but maybe it'll improve and hopefully even get rolling.

http://stockcharts.c...a=141124039.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."