USAGX

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PIK.

PIK.

• TT Member+
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 08:32 AM

for some good returns and diversification if there is another strong advance with the precious metal stocks. I will be using this fund along with some individual stock picks once I believe the time is right after this consolidation/correction.

Best.

http://stockcharts.c...26093457,Y].gif
Trade based on what you see happening, not what someone else thinks or hopes will happen.

#2 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:44 PM

Betel, may I suggest this one? PMPIX

I am already in the gold shares, fingers crossed.
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#3 PIK.

PIK.

• TT Member+
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:18 AM

Chili, thanks. My broker has some restrictrions on when I can buy/sell the Profunds (only Profunds). Rydex or Potomac no problems. A relative strength comparison shows USAGX slightly outperforming PMPIX. I believe the expense ratios are about the same as well. Good luck with your position.
Trade based on what you see happening, not what someone else thinks or hopes will happen.

#4 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:44 PM

I have one IRA thru USAA and they only allow a total of 6 trades out of any fund per year. But that may not be the same for going thru a broker. But the USAA gold is one of the highest ranked funds by several agencies including "Fund X" newsletter, Bernadette Brown. ---Out

#5 TrillionDollarMan

TrillionDollarMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 10:40 PM

PMPIX here...if you time it right, it outperforms, save for whatever fund has the most hottest juniors. If you don't time it right the leverage brings you back to Earth. TDM

#6 TrillionDollarMan

TrillionDollarMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 10:42 PM

But the LACK of fees on PMPIX is right...so it pays on that basis. But you ought to have a concept of what you are doing in any leveraged vehicle, or leave it alone. TDM

#7 IT-Trader

IT-Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:12 AM

Betel USAGX is on my buy list once I think this correction in gold stocks is over. Nice to see I have company. Don (too)