GDX charts

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

dougie -- since you asked. Good luck to you. :)

http://stockcharts.c...2184&r=8718.png

http://stockcharts.c...4039&r=2793.png

New trading range?

http://stockcharts.c...2537&r=7817.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

Bought some GDX. Looks like a potential double bottom on the 30-min chart. Want to see it take off in a hurry (will buy more if does, and will be gone again if it doesn't). Playing this just for another bounce so far. Also, the usual suspects -- AEM, GOLD, RGLD, etc. -- look decent again. FXE (i.e. the U.S. Dollar) appears to be calling the shots (really, really want to see it hold its open). Good luck to all gold longs. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

watchin and waitin

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

Lots of bullish engulfing out there in Midasland. Except for volume, which looks somewhat suspect, this looks okay to me. Get a little follow-through to the upside and we'll could suddenly be off to a big bounce.

In the meantime, tight stop as usual in my time frame.

Good luck to all gold longs. :)

http://stockcharts.c...0929&r=8683.PNG

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:42 AM

Nice little upside follow-through, still vulnerable to downside momentum. Moving stops up. Good luck to all gold longs. :)

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

Nice little upside follow-through, still vulnerable to downside momentum. Moving stops up.

So much for nice upside follow-through. :angry:

Took profits on everything. I am flat. Will probably be back if these guys can firm up.

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

a series of 1-2 1-2 1-2 possible count: why is everyone out?

#8 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

a series of 1-2 1-2 1-2 possible count: why is everyone out?

See the 30min chart. Moved my stop to the open, and sold on the red bar. A stop is a stop. Decent day-trading profits.

Back in now on the firming back across the open (see post on dharma's thread). But this is very, very dicey. So have just the GDX at the moment. Could get whipsawed.

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

I am flat again. Oh, well...tomorrow is another day.

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

looks like we blast off monday