Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

was 27.9 a week or so ago

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:09 AM

feels like a bear market in gold, all the bulls frothing.

I posted a comment about neely and his bearish views, which was rediculed widely here. Im not saying he's right, but I looked around and apparently he is number one gold timer these past 12 months, so I would say he is worth listening to.

Edited by Tor, 24 September 2008 - 10:11 AM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:20 AM

I posted a comment about neely and his bearish views, which was rediculed widely here. Im not saying he's right, but I looked around and apparently he is number one gold timer these past 12 months, so I would say he is worth listening to.

As Beta says just trying to keep an open mind here, its not a contest between Bulls and Bears rather its us (collectively) against the market.

There are some very good Elliotticians here and John has some good work on Cycles......we may have indeed formed an IT bottom where longs will be hansomely rewarded, but my risk tolerance/trading style will not let me jump on here, maybe I'll have to wait for the "recognition phase" I am patient, there are other things to invest in......a good IT Bottom in Equities could be forming within the next few weeks as well, there too I am waiting for my breadth indicators to get me long.

Good Trading

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

As Beta says just trying to keep an open mind here, its not a contest between Bulls and Bears rather its us (collectively) against the market.

There are some very good Elliotticians here and John has some good work on Cycles......we may have indeed formed an IT bottom where longs will be hansomely rewarded, but my risk tolerance/trading style will not let me jump on here, maybe I'll have to wait for the "recognition phase" I am patient, there are other things to invest in......a good IT Bottom in Equities could be forming within the next few weeks as well, there too I am waiting for my breadth indicators to get me long.

Good Trading

I recall being early some time ago, and took on a margined position. I told people about it. I seriously alomst lost my shirt and got into major debt. At the 11th hour, I had margin calls maybe 5 times a day...when is the money coming..whenn....when....I told them the cheque was in the post. Anyway I put them off for about 5 days and luckily on the last day the thing sprung to life and I went off margin.

I can tell you it wasnt pleasant and never ever again. Its an irony how hold stocks can be most volatile yet supposed to represent lowest market risk.

There are a few traders here, and they know who they are, who i think are amazing. And they have saved my skin a few times for sure, and made me profits. I am eternally grateful to them and have told them this to express my gratitude.

Edited by Tor, 24 September 2008 - 10:37 AM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

And Senor can counter with an XAU/GOLD ratio chart with has barely moved norte from all-time lows. Pick your poison amigo. BSing away Senor

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

this is what makes investing so difficult. one has to sort through everything, see if the trend is in motion. and pick a spot to be on board. you guys have obviously, for whatever the reason decided to put your money else where, which fortunately there are lots of moving vehicles. i say there are many ways to make $$$. this is however a gold board. gold historically has always been money. we have entered into a fiat world, NO fiat currency has ever lasted. the dollar is on its way to being cut in value, yet again. cbs hold gold, so should i. find all the reasons why this wont go higher, i understand this sector is tough to get comfortable w/, at this point. i am not trying to pinpoint moves, but this sector is going higher. the charts point to it. the fundamental backdrop points to it. and the thieves are about to get away w/700billion. i am not here to convert anyone to anything , i am here to share my 29years of experience. nothing more and nothing less. all the best dharma

#7 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

this is what makes investing so difficult. one has to sort through everything, see if the trend is in motion. and pick a spot to be on board. you guys have obviously, for whatever the reason decided to put your money else where, which fortunately there are lots of moving vehicles. i say there are many ways to make $$$. this is however a gold board. gold historically has always been money. we have entered into a fiat world, NO fiat currency has ever lasted. the dollar is on its way to being cut in value, yet again. cbs hold gold, so should i. find all the reasons why this wont go higher, i understand this sector is tough to get comfortable w/, at this point. i am not trying to pinpoint moves, but this sector is going higher. the charts point to it. the fundamental backdrop points to it. and the thieves are about to get away w/700billion. i am not here to convert anyone to anything , i am here to share my 29years of experience. nothing more and nothing less. all the best dharma

here here, well said amigo. Once again in Senor's opinion gold is now at its long term point of recognition within a secular uptrend. Everything Senor looks at says prices are going grande norte, some of you disagree, we will see who is correct in the months ahead. The bearish evidence Senor has seen presented at this point is muy weak.

NO BS

Senor

#8 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

The problem is, $gold could pullback to 550 and still "remain in a secular uptrend." ;) It bears repeating here, if/when the broads crash, the PMs will NOT be spared.

Edited by beta, 24 September 2008 - 11:40 AM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#9 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

I can't believe Tor is still here. Why would you keep espousing bear market views? Is that your deal? You like to go around posting negative crap over and over again? Does anybody understand his motive? Can you tell me what you are bullish on? You state these bearish cases and then hedge your self with bullish comments and it all sounds very confusing. I think you should just read and ask questions. Otherwise you might hurt yourself.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#10 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:48 AM

I recall being early some time ago, and took on a margined position. I told people about it. I seriously alomst lost my shirt and got into major debt. At the 11th hour, I had margin calls maybe 5 times a day...when is the money coming..whenn....when....I told them the cheque was in the post. Anyway I put them off for about 5 days and luckily on the last day the thing sprung to life and I went off margin.

I can tell you it wasnt pleasant and never ever again. Its an irony how hold stocks can be most volatile yet supposed to represent lowest market risk.

I can sympathize, having learned from past experience that nothing in the markets is more brutal than a PM correction.

To put things into context, this recent bounce in gold stocks comes AFTER a 50% swift haircut from the peak in late summer.

I suspect quite a few perma-bulls got caught holding thru that brutal decline, and are only now recovering their NAV (although they are not honest enough to admit it).

Edited by beta, 24 September 2008 - 11:49 AM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"