Posted Image

HUI

Posted Image

#2 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the charts and heard you loudly, Thunders. Yeah, reinforces my belief that trend is still up for xau/hui.

#3 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:05 PM

we are close to confirming a BO, but close only counts in.....

#4 The_Gold_Miner

The_Gold_Miner

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 01:20 PM

Sorry for the delay in updating my site, I went out of town and the NIC card on my laptop went bad. I have been unable to update the site but will be able to get everything back in order late Sunday night. As for gold and the XAU, 105 is the critical level to watch (EW & P&F charts). I am considering a buy if there is a break and hold above 105. A break below 98ish would offer support for the bears based on the Elliott Wave counts. Right now I consider the XAU in no-man's land. Is anyone positioning now?

#5 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 02:31 PM

GM, I am not positioning either way. I am thinking that the XAU did an A or 1 wave down, which lasted from Jan. until early. Feb. I believe the move from there has been a counter trend a-b-c up, the c wave starting with last week's move. When the c wave is complete, maybe next week, we could be completing wave B or 2. That is my potential ewave count, but we know how those can change <_< . I am thinking of taking a short position sometime soon, but not right now. The move up last week looks a little too strong on momentum indicators at this point. I agree with the "No Man's Land" comment. I have felt that way for a while on gold. Pmilly

#6 Thunders

Thunders

• Traders-Talk User
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:51 PM

Thank you stockbucks_coffee you have a cool avatar.

PMILLY :
Though we had further weakness early this week, we did not close below the wave 2 (March 3rd) lows, which is potentially bullish. If the wave analysis below is correct, we would expect to see the rally continue and break above the Wave 1 high. The potential is for this to be the start of a 5 wave rally to new highs.
:ph34r:

Posted Image

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 07:39 PM

thats a funny looking wave 3

#8 Thunders

Thunders

• Traders-Talk User
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:26 PM

dougie If my count is correct wave 3 has more upside to it. Elliott Wave Principle says that third wave is the longest wave….

#9 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:58 PM

Thunders,

My Elliott count has a 5 top in early Dec., then an ABC down with C low 92.78. Waves 1 and 2 up as indicated. We are now in 3.

Here is the bullish view.

Flags?

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#10 Thunders

Thunders

• Traders-Talk User
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:41 AM

Thank You for your post SilentOne We should see new highs in several weeks… :rolleyes: