GDX

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

Took profits on the metals sector on GDX dip below its open. Great bounce (in GDX, nearly 5 points).

Good luck to all gold longs. :)

http://stockcharts.c...8023&r=8506.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

hi diogenes277, I did the same at yesterday's close and this morning's open. I sold all positions taken last week and on Monday. A worthwhile trade. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

hi diogenes277,

I did the same at yesterday's close and this morning's open. I sold all positions taken last week and on Monday. A worthwhile trade.

cheers,

john

Wonderful work. Excellent trading to you both. :D

Best to you
Peace
johngeorge

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

good trades guys; why you sell here? waiting to buy a pullback?

#5 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

i shouls say nothing says this is impulsive up to me yet. this still could be a bull trap

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

Long GDX on the open. Stop now at breakeven. Others in the sector doing fine -- AEM, GG, GOLD, etc. Good trading to all gold longs. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:42 PM

diogenes: your 'system " seems to be racking up some consistent small profits! Cheers!

#8 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

diogenes: your 'system " seems to be racking up some consistent small profits!
Cheers!

Little winners, little losers, big winners, no big losers. To my mind that's way to rack the profits.

By the way, what do you mean, "small profits"? The run on the chart above that started this swing was from 17 to 22, close to 30 percent on the GDX trade. Similar runs across the sector. If that's small to you, my hat is off.

Best to you. And good trading with tight stops to all gold longs. :)

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

Just sold my GDX for 4 percent. Day trade. May be back tomorrow. Good trading to all gold longs.

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

nah nothing small about it: shoulda been in quotes with a wink is all nice run into the close here