have all bugs thrown in the towel yet?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

sorry i missed that Kimston: you have been trading incredibly well !
What does your raod map say now? more down to Dec?

cause imo that is what its going to take
funny i do NOT SEE ONE poster on these threads short past 3 weeks. we used to have alt least one.
be careful whose advice you listen to these days.

I don't post all my trades here, but I posted this on the FF board last Friday:
http://www.traders-t...showtopic=97660

On the 14th I dumped the silver, GDX and PMPIX I picked up 10/24 to 10/27. Not short the metals, but went short equity indexes on the 14th. Looking to hold short at least until 11/26 or 11/28 depending on how things look when we get there.

Kimston

#12 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

To be fair everyone got it wrong from the great and the good.

It has been an exceptional market indeed.

Speak for yourself.

I got out at HUI 359, went short @ 300 and repeatedly warned everyone on this board all the way down -- all I got for my efforts was a bunch of flack. :lol:

So what's the point of posting "bearish" comments on a permabull board ? :D
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#13 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

you have to be an idiot to short gold, playing with fire is stupid. Gold is an investment not a trade. Anybody trading it for short term profit is a stupe. If your point was to bash gold holders. Anyone not holding some gold here is not managing properly. So what was your point anyway?
If it can be cornered, it will.

#14 Kimston

Kimston

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

you have to be an idiot to short gold, playing with fire is stupid. Gold is an investment not a trade. Anybody trading it for short term profit is a stupe. If your point was to bash gold holders. Anyone not holding some gold here is not managing properly. So what was your point anyway?

Yea, I know, I'm a moron. I made hundreds of thousands this year on the short side of gold. How stupid could I be. Perhaps you should start an advisory service so I can subscribe and learn how not to be so stupid. Perhaps I could put all my money in NXG and watch my account go into the abyss. Thanks for all your keen analysis.

BTW, I'll be buying at the bottom as I believe I have figured out precisely when the dollar will peak. Wire me $5,000 and I tell you when.

Kimston

#15 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:49 AM

Kimston: i will gladly pay you tomorrow for your hamburger today...pray tell!

#16 spratman

spratman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:00 AM

Yea, I know, I'm a moron. I made hundreds of thousands this year on the short side of gold. How stupid could I be. Perhaps you should start an advisory service so I can subscribe and learn how not to be so stupid. Perhaps I could put all my money in NXG and watch my account go into the abyss. Thanks for all your keen analysis.

BTW, I'll be buying at the bottom as I believe I have figured out precisely when the dollar will peak. Wire me $5,000 and I tell you when.

Kimston

Congrats on your very successful trade! Please keep us posted as to your FF within this sector.

Best,
spratman

#17 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

Kimston

Great timing dude. Keep waiting for a bottom.

#18 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

LOL What a moron. Gold will hurt you bad.

#19 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

LOL What a moron. Gold will hurt you bad.

There are as usual two sides to this arguement.

CG, whats th point holding major corrections like the one we have just seen, which may in fact be a major trend down like the other commodities? It would make sense.

Best to try and manage risk and limit drawdown, no?

As for Kinston, I would rather you posted real time trades instead of turig up post facto. JMHO.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#20 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

Drawdowns are inevitable in this game. If you want to make the big money. I had dell in 1990. In the next 5 years it had swings from 12 to 60 and all the way back to 12, 3 times. People were like are you crazy? Holding? Well from 1995 to 2000 came the real move. Kimston and the like are chump change ranglers. Scalping for peanuts. It is not the way to go. At least not for me. Can you tell me something to buy that can go up 50 to 100 times ? I can. It just might take 10 years.