• 9,618 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

buying/adding dharma

#42 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hard to short anything gone parabolic but...

:o

http://stockcharts.c...9773&r=9468.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#43 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

If you ask me, silver is holding up well here and is thus far indicating that the top of this move lies ahead and not behind. This is just a short-term dip, IMHO. I don't know what's going to happen with the miners but I don't recall off hand any parabolic tops in gold and/or silver ending without the HUI eventually participating. Thus, an explosive move higher in the HUI may lie ahead in the coming weeks, as gold and silver get closer and closer to the zenith of this rally. Tomorrow will be volatile. I can remember more than a couple of Fed days where price gets hit hard going into the FOMC announcement and does a nice reversal and higher into the close after the FOMC announcement. Will be interesting to see if it plays out again like this.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#44 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

Low volume declines GDX/GDXJ. Action looks to be setting up a bullish picture. IMO, this pullback should be bought.

#45 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

Yeah silver has played catch up to golds $850 breakout(1980). So, my bet is that silver has more to go just to catch up. The miners will be next in line to rocket to new levels. Gold itself continuing to hit new highs of late is even more bullish for silver. Trading this market NOW is foolish and a waste of time. This is a buy and hold market if ever there was one. But I cant expect very many traders or investors to understand what we are witnessing. To remain steadfast requires CONVICTION. A quality very few possess. Buy right and sit tight. It will be impossible to beat the % gains. This sector will pay hugely for a Warren Buffett type stance. I am not claiming to predict the short term move. But to put it in perspective, gold is not even up a double and silver has not even reached 1980 levels. 30 years have passed and enormous changes to the Worlds financial landscape have occured. For the metals not to be multiples higher would defy all logic. The fact that they are so mispriced is the opportunity a rare few envision and capitalize on.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#46 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

1513 is the upper boundary of the resistance.
this is all background noise until ben announces. it seems to me that taking any other course, than the one he is on is not possible.
i expect the resistance to be dusted soon.
if you havent bought yourself a set of french curves, it is past time. @most they are a couple of bucks, and if you play w/them . you will be able to locate these markets. so, not a parabolic yet, but in the realm of the french curves(semantics).
jesse has an interesting article on silver
http://jessescrossro...e.blogspot.com/
so the shorts are crying foul. dont you feel sorry for the banksters????
i am looking for the breakout soon. i am positioned and ready.
raising margin requirements yesterday in silver. makes the market stronger. only deep pockets can hold. @some point it will be put up 100% no margin.
dharma

#47 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

played out as expected , buckle up
1531 then 1549 next resistance points
do the miners play catchup?! that is the 64m question for me.
bernake speaks, gold gets a woody

off subject;
about mother earth from the hopis
https://www.facebook...=...75
dharma

#48 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

miners having first impulsive looking move in a while off todays lows a start added gdx this am if aggressive calls here would be good but too rich for me

#49 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

Gold's BFF (best friend forever), Bernanke, really did a nice job today. I don't think today could've played out anymore nicely than it has for those trying to ride the only real bull market out there.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#50 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:43 PM

played out as expected , buckle up
1531 then 1549 next resistance points
do the miners play catchup?! that is the 64m question for me.
bernake speaks, gold gets a woody

off subject;
about mother earth from the hopis
https://www.facebook...=...75
dharma

dharma:

Thanks for the video link!

stubaby :)