topping , the process 2

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#51 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

i read everybody. i do my own work top callers everywhere. guys who havent ridden the metals bull calling top. leg after leg after leg of the bull goes by and few ride. a hat tip to the riders here. few as we are, even on this board. this bull will breathe its last some time in the future the game will change. volatility will disappear . speculators will disappear. you will have to be really really skilled make hay while this bull is here. the crying happens for those who dont make their fortune on this bull, lamenting joe will be sent to the breadline or if he is lucky, work for the man the game is gonna change. the banksters have made theirs dharma glad you appreciated that stubaby. i found it very uplifting

Edited by dharma, 27 April 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#52 Psycho

Psycho

• Traders-Talk User
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

I agree about it being the ride of a lifetime. I have got about half my holdings in miners right now just waiting for them to break out. I heard one of the talking heads on CNBC today mention buying miners as a way to enter the gold market, many who were waiting on the speech will take that as the gospel and buy soon. I think all the budget/debt talk is going to fuel gold and silver thru the roof for the next few years. I had thought about selling some in May and re-enter in late July but with the market so crazy, I think I can ride out a 15% correcting easily to prevent myself from missing the bus. I too am afraid it will all end in a bunch of crying for many it the market. Some event will occur and cause a 2008 like market correction and the house of cards we have all created will fall only be be rebuilt again, and again. ******* Bless us all.

#53 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

psycho- the crying i am talking about is not from moves like 08, it is from missing the bull.

here we are, new highs for gold(being capped here) and silver over 49. i think the push is to have the shorts cough up. jpm and hsbc are losing significant amounts of money. the shorts in the miners continue to do their thing, and i suspect there will be a run there as well. i am still talking to folks who have no gold/silver and do not realize they are losing pp. they have no idea that a falling dollar affects their pp. so, it will continue until they are on the bread line. of course prechter is a dollar bull(reason enough to be a bear). the dollar had daily divergences from oversold, but the divergences were taken out. the fed takes no credit for the falling dollar(bernake laid that one on timmy). i mean how could they take credit, they are only printing money!?!!!! how will that affect the value of the dollar.
this leg has more to go, hit 1600 and then i will look around. i believe 1750 is a strong possibility. and i do think the shorts in the miners @some point, i have no idea when, get taken to the cleaners. then of course the too big to fail crowd goes to the govt and demands to be made whole.
i got this an email. i am not familiar w/bob chapman? anyone know if he is reputable? has a good track record
but, i think he makes some interesting points

Bob Chapman on discount gold silver trading 27 Apr 2011
dharma

#54 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

stuttering dharma

Edited by dharma, 28 April 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#55 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

chapman is for real imo

#56 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

stuttering
Peace
johngeorge

#57 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

correcting inter day. working off over bought healthy action pressing the shorts in silver continues dharma

#58 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

I agree about it being the ride of a lifetime. I have got about half my holdings in miners right now just waiting for them to break out. I heard one of the talking heads on CNBC today mention buying miners as a way to enter the gold market, many who were waiting on the speech will take that as the gospel and buy soon. I think all the budget/debt talk is going to fuel gold and silver thru the roof for the next few years.

I had thought about selling some in May and re-enter in late July but with the market so crazy, I think I can ride out a 15% correcting easily to prevent myself from missing the bus.

I too am afraid it will all end in a bunch of crying for many it the market. Some event will occur and cause a 2008 like market correction and the house of cards we have all created will fall only be be rebuilt again, and again.

******* Bless us all.

One bueno thing is that importante HUI support is not far away, Senor would not be long if HUI closed below 560-565, another day with new all-time closing highs in gold and silver and HUI made another lower high and seems t be closing weak.

Senor

#59 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

My guess is that $HUI is probably coiling for a burst higher. Once the weak hands have sold (and I'm seeing a lot of weak hands giving in), it may explode. If this is going to happen, it will probably happen within the next couple of weeks. I don't trade the miners and only trade the metals, but I can't recall a parabolic top in gold and silver in this secular bull market since 2001 without the $HUI eventually getting on board and also rising dramatically.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#60 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

My guess is that $HUI is probably coiling for a burst higher. Once the weak hands have sold (and I'm seeing a lot of weak hands giving in), it may explode. If this is going to happen, it will probably happen within the next couple of weeks.

I don't trade the miners and only trade the metals, but I can't recall a parabolic top in gold and silver in this secular bull market since 2001 without the $HUI eventually getting on board and also rising dramatically.

My thoughts as well. This seems to be getting very taxing for miner investors.
Miners can lag metal (i.e. 1980). Many interpreting this as topping process. Im not so sure.
I think miners are soon to play catchup. Eventually the herd will awaken, likely all at once.
Positioning accordingly and being patient...