topping , the process 2

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

My guess is that $HUI is probably coiling for a burst higher. Once the weak hands have sold (and I'm seeing a lot of weak hands giving in), it may explode. If this is going to happen, it will probably happen within the next couple of weeks.

I don't trade the miners and only trade the metals, but I can't recall a parabolic top in gold and silver in this secular bull market since 2001 without the $HUI eventually getting on board and also rising dramatically.

this is my take precisely!
a bull market climbs a wall of worry and the miners ae an area where guys are focusing. hopefully, you are worried , but not out of the bull market.
i keep thinking of the nervous tone in bens voice @his opening night gala! it was clear to me in his statements that :
the dollar was not his concern, he laid that one on timmy, thus throwing the dollar under the bus
the large banks, whom be essentially works for are not making money in this environment,so creating "a little inflation" will be the name of the game.
yes, a little inflation. good luck w/that
then there is china holders of 3trillion dollars. the fed seems to have sent them a message. the inflation they are experiencing in part is due to the yuan being tied @the hip to the dolar. it would not surprise me in the least if @some point down the road, they re pegged the yuan. which, would send the metals aloft

be dubious of junior technicians. frightening you out of positions. there are quite a few fires smoldering. yes, there will be pauses , yes there will be corrections, but this leg has more to go. my work shows this topping late june/early july.
could you be wrong? absolutely
what will you do if you are wrong? sell mortimer , sell. not touching core positions , but trading positions
what if this time is different, and the miners remain stuck in the mud? i will be surprised! what does that mean? absolutely nothing. i dont bet on anomalies. i bet w/history. if the miners dont participate now or later. then i too will have missed an opportunity. 60%of my $$$ is in miners. 40%in metal. the reason i am playing it like that , is last time the miners out performed the metal. and i fully expect that to happen again. i have taken away my miscroscope and sitting back and looking @the big picture. if the cb is not going to stand behind the dollar, the who is? the cb answers to the banksters. not you and i .
when the public wakes up, the dollar will have lost significant pp!!!!!! talking to friends and colleagues. the public is unaware that holding money in cash is a losing proposition. they are unaware that the dollar is buying them less. they havent put it together. inspite of the price @the pump or in the supermarket. the banksters count on stupidity. they bank on it!!!
dharma

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

few are visionaries most follow the market, and when it is apparent that it is good. then they buy it is really really tough to realize you have a diamond and its worth a diamond not to sell it for the price of spinach. how many of these miners have you had that languished. then you sold and lo and behold it jumped up and it was discovered man, i cant even count the # for me. got a good management team and the stock is being undervalued by the market, hang on sooner or later it will be seen as a diamond 1549 is a key resistance pt in my work. a reaction here is normal. is it a trend killer, could be but i dont think so. buy weakness , sell strength dharma

#63 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

few are visionaries
most follow the market, and when it is apparent that it is good. then they buy
it is really really tough to realize you have a diamond and its worth a diamond
not to sell it for the price of spinach. how many of these miners have you had that languished. then you sold
and lo and behold it jumped up and it was discovered
man, i cant even count the # for me.
got a good management team
and the stock is being undervalued by the market, hang on sooner or later it will be seen as a diamond
1549 is a key resistance pt in my work. a reaction here is normal.
is it a trend killer, could be but i dont think so.
buy weakness , sell strength
dharma

dharma:

Wave 3 of extended 5th extending here in sub-wave 3 now and not over yet - when complete still 4 & 5 to go to complete 3 and then 4 & 5 to complete extended 5th. This is what 3rd waves feel like! Miners to join the party in a big way next week IMHO. :numchuk:

stubaby

NOTE: Added to GBG today (target 4.50 to 5.00)
http://stockcharts.c...18511&r=446.png
http://stockcharts.c...17686&r=101.png
http://stockcharts.c...96865&r=751.png

#64 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

stubaby I have been looking a long time for a reason to buy GBG. After viewing your charts and consulting mine I believe I found it. :lighten: : Thanks. :D Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#65 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

1567 next resistance, hit and backed off dharma nice charts stubaby. there are a few miners in pennants take a look @aabvf it is a small company which holds shares in a few different miners nav=1.45 price .90 seems cheap to me do your own dd

Edited by dharma, 29 April 2011 - 02:37 PM.

#66 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

1567 next resistance, hit and backed off
dharma
nice charts stubaby. there are a few miners in pennants
take a look @aabvf it is a small company which holds shares in a few different miners
nav=1.45
price .90
seems cheap to me
do your own dd

dharma:

Thanks - Bought a starter position several weeks ago (0.85) - will wait for the breakout ($1+ with volume) to add! My target $1.50 minimum

Running to the beach to cool off - back this weekend.

stubaby

#67 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

1567 next resistance, hit and backed off
dharma
nice charts stubaby. there are a few miners in pennants
take a look @aabvf it is a small company which holds shares in a few different miners
nav=1.45
price .90
seems cheap to me
do your own dd

dharma:

Thanks - Bought a starter position several weeks ago (0.85) - will wait for the breakout ($1+ with volume) to add! My target $1.50 minimum

Running to the beach to cool off - back this weekend.

stubaby

Also added to my position in RIOAF yesterday (bought the breakout last July and have held since) - been waiting a long-time to pick-up more, but the move down Wednesday looked like the final capitulation - so I added. Time will tell.

http://stockcharts.c...37783&r=431.png

stubaby

#68 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

there will be pauses there will be corrections. june is the most likely time frame i am taking a break, going on vacation got to step back. dont know if i will post or not this week dharma

#69 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Enjoy your vacation, dharma. It's good to step back every once in a while. A healthy and peaceful mind and body makes trading so much easier. -- I'm also going to step back. My posting will be significantly curtailed and possibly completely absent over the next month and possibly longer. If I had to make a prediction: we should see the top in gold ($1625-1700 ??) and silver ($55-63 ??... it is possible $50 will not be broken but I think there's a good chance it will be at least marginally) within the next 8 weeks, and then a massive correction in both metals thereafter (15-25% in gold and 30-60% in silver, approximately) that will probably last at least 2-3 months but probably not more than 6-7 months. Once the massive correction is over, it will be another great buying opportunity...the best since 2008. Just look at ~ the first half of 2006 and 2008 to get a good idea of where gold and silver are headed from here, folks. Just my humble opinion.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#70 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

don't blink amigos but silver getting slaughtered in early trading tonight, last quote I have is 42.90 - expect a wild night. Too loco for me, I must ask if the parabolic is finito? Senor