QE3 in PROGRESS

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

All these heated exchanges and personal attack really makes it look like the market may be turning. Like I said, I've always enjoyed periods like these.

And, for whatever the reason, some of my foes here would always find a way to make my technical comment a personal issue. What a waste of time and energy!

#52 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

SemiBizz,

Just checked my Yahoo as well as my mailbox here and found a few messages from members here talking about "salesman".

Interesting you should mention that as you're the one that's selling subscription and soliciting paying customers here. I'm not. Unlike you, I'm also not responsible for anyone whether I'm right or wrong. I'm just a poster, a nobody, on an Internet bulletin board.

And, come to think of it, all 3 posters that have confronted me vigorously in this thread are all "salesmen" that are selling their subscriptions.

I've noticed you like to argue, and you deal in "selected facts" which is fine for a salesman or a lawyer.

#53 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Those who are market neutral make very little because there's no glory in hopefully being correct.

I am actually stunned to read this, especially you. Every year, I repeat every year, there is a time when bulls, bears and also market neutrals make as much money as the other 2 groups. The market is neutral weighted in the long run, you know it. Your comment amazes me, like you are talking like a novice.

And, come to think of it, all 3 posters that have confronted me vigorously in this thread are all "salesmen" that are selling their subscriptions.

They confronted you because rather than saying yes to their glorious profits, you are asking them to post real time calls.

That is true. And all 3 have been wrong for more than 6 months in 2010 and 2011. Fib actually was uberbullish at 1282 at the end of Oct., market crashed 10% from there. He was bearish at 1160, market rose 10% before he became bullish again. Those are only examples, I am not picking on Fib. Don has a history of being wrong on his calls continuously in 2011. As a matter of fact, one poster even started making threads about Don's wrong calls. I am not picking these 2 here but quoting them as wrong here among all of us. Pundits, gurus, me and you, NAV, everyone will be & was wrong at sometime. Nobody is perfect.

The problem is the subscription masters are pumping their calls as if they were right more than 50% of the time. Fact is investors who dont know anything about stock market make more money than all of us.

I know people who bought AAPL in 2001 and still hold it today. As a matter of fact, they know nothing about stock market. They simply bought because they liked ipods or AAPL products. Then, the value increased. They just held on to them.

Who here holds AAPL from 2001? Who here is long from Oct low of 1074 - 1120? Nobody, including NAV.

That's the point I would like to make.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#54 Om_Namah_Shivay

Om_Namah_Shivay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

This whole discussion sounds more like vanity contest to me. I was told that vanity is end of traders career so have decided to let go of it. Would request every trader who hope to die peacefully unlike jesse livermore, should let go of the vanity. Its just a game whose winnings are unfortunately source of all vanity (money in account). But then if you focus on winning and make it your karma and not let winnings inflate your ego you might find nirvana as well as money in your account. Just my two cents...and what do i know i have just been in this business for two years :) ...have been broke thrice and back in the game...so please ignore me
Know the DIFFERENCE between WINNING and WINNINGS; One is KARMA and One is EGO!!!

www.bubbleshort.blogspot.in My Blog with focus on markets and "Act" of trading