FACEBOOK CO-FOUNDER GIVES UP U.S. CITIZENSHIP

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Somehow it just strikes me as sad when "we the people" start to actually believe that we have the right {or is it the "duty"} to take more and more from our fellow citizens, and then when someone dares to object by "voting with their feet", the only vote they are offered in the matter, we condemn them as selfish and unpatriotic. But that's just me. :huh:

The Sheriff of Nottingham is always upset when tax money escapes his grasp.
The potential tax revenues could have gone to the King...and his fellows:

Tulsa's George Kaiser was a contribution bundler for a candidate's campaign in 2008. His family foundation held about 36.7 percent of Solyndra. Kaiser made 16 visits to the president’s aides since 2009, according to White House visitor logs but denies having lobbied for Solyndra. But Solyndra continued to receive taxpayer money even after it had defaulted on its $535 million loan.

A guy named Judas also claimed to be concerned about the poor not getting their share, even though he was actually taking it for himself.

Crocodile tears?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 May 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#12 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Somehow it just strikes me as sad when "we the people" start to actually believe that we have the right {or is it the "duty"} to take more and more from our fellow citizens, and then when someone dares to object by "voting with their feet", the only vote they are offered in the matter, we condemn them as selfish and unpatriotic. But that's just me. :huh:

The Sheriff of Nottingham is always upset when tax money escapes his grasp.
The potential tax revenues could have gone to the King...and his fellows:

Tulsa's George Kaiser was a contribution bundler for a candidate's campaign in 2008. His family foundation held about 36.7 percent of Solyndra. Kaiser made 16 visits to the president’s aides since 2009, according to White House visitor logs but denies having lobbied for Solyndra. But Solyndra continued to receive taxpayer money even after it had defaulted on its $535 million loan.

A guy named Judas also claimed to be concerned about the poor not getting their share, even though he was actually taking it for himself.

Crocodile tears?

What does this have to do with the thread unless we are going move into campaign contributions to candidates and what influences they had on what.

We could go on to Haliburton and Iraq.
There's much more.

It's a Big Country where that subject lives.

Ah, forget it. You folks work out who's Judas and who's The Son of *******.

Edited by milbank, 11 May 2012 - 07:47 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

What does this have to do with the thread unless we are going move into campaign contributions to candidates and what influences they had on what.

We rotate kings every 4 years.
The king and his minions are always the beneficiaries of an unaffordable government.
The public gets bread and circuses before the final collapse.

Why denigrate those who choose to avoid enriching the crooks?

#14 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

The guy sounds pretty smart to me. Playing the wallstreet system of getting rich. There's a record number of people leaving the US, while they still can. The US is going down the tubes. Every yr more rights are takin away, assets seized, at some point taxes are raised on everyone just like in Europe, Greece etc. The biggest suckers are the young people in the military getting their life destroyed for what they have done or seen for some reason that they even figure out is not a good reason. I still like Canada. Free healthcare, excellent job growth, solid banks without fraud and FED bailing them out at every turn , real estate. Plus they don't fill up their prisons and destroy young peoples lifes that smoke some pot or caught doing a petty crime. The US is big on punishment and you can't get a job when you get out. Even if there was a job... So more crime..

#15 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

Pirate Party gains force in Germany...

Ragnar Danneskjöld?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 May 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#16 Kimston

Kimston

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

I agree. I'm not particularly proud of it, but I'm starting to look around. Lest we forget, a lot of people came to this new country to be free from taxation without representation and other forms of repression. Unfortunately, there's no place to go and start another new country these days. It could be a lot worse (and probably will be in the next few years as the post-bubble contraction continues), but this isn't the country it once was. OTOH, the pastures always seem greener on the other side of the fence.....until you move.

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

The US is big on punishment

Think about how many government jobs the prison system creates.
Like the TSA, it's another "Unaffordable Government" slush fund for the insiders, contractors, suppliers, union employees, etc...

In 2010, for instance, the state spent $6 billion on fewer than 30,000 guards and other prison-system employees. A prison guard who started his career at the age of 45 could retire after five years with a pension that very nearly equaled his former salary.
The head parole psychiatrist for the California prison system was the state’s highest-paid public employee; in 2010 he’d made $838,706. The same fiscal year that the state spent $6 billion on prisons, it had invested just $4.7 billion in its higher education.

LINK

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 May 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#18 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

The idea of everyone moving to the lowest common denominator in tax havens, means eventually all end up paying no tax anywhere.

A bit like musical chairs except in the end society collapses IMO.

#19 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

A bit like musical chairs except in the end society collapses IMO.

Like Detroit? :lol:
See Detroit in Ruins.

#20 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

The richest Americans are still American the last time I checked, his motivation is most likely based on other factors and probably the taxation just made the decision easier...