The horror stories are coming in

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#501 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:09 PM

Today a 37 year old lawyer told me that she will not have health insurance for 2017 since her premiums are soaring.

She has monumental law school loans, is upside down on her car, lives with her parents, and has nothing to lose.

She will just claim bankruptcy if she is hospitalized.

Otherwise, she will save over $5,000 in annual insurance costs plus a $6,000 deductible.

Many doctors will take cash patients for about what her co-pays would be.

Sam's Club fills our prescriptions for 40% discount compared to our co-pay costs if we use our insurance!!!

WHAT A RIP OFF!

More "random" news: "AFFORDABLE" becomes "SOARING" premiums deductibles and co-pays.

Inside Obamacare AZ Meltdown...

Nearly every county in the state now has only one insurer selling plans through the health-care law’s exchange, and premiums are soaring

Physician Participation Plummets 20%...

The number of physicians who say they’re accepting health insurance plans offered on Obamacare’s federal and state marketplaces has plummeted nearly 20 percentage points, creating yet another crack in the president's rapidly buckling health care law. 

According to a recent survey by SERMO, a social network for physicians, about 57 percent of doctors said they won’t be taking new patients insured by the plans next year. That’s down about four percentage points from last year, when 61 percent of physicians said the same, Forbes reported Monday.

But a similar survey conducted by the Medical Group Management Association back in 2014 showed that at the time, 76.5 percent of physicians said their practice were accepting insurance plans offered on the state and federal marketplaces.

Based on these two surveys and a little basic math, we find the number of physicians accepting ACA plans has fallen an astounding 19.5 percentage points heading into Obamacare’s fourth enrollment period – a pretty remarkable decline, considering it’s been just three years since the exchanges were first opened.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 October 2016 - 10:24 PM.

#502 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

Obamacare customer panic...

Price freakout...

“As of January 1, unless we jump on to something else. ... and we’re looking at $750 a month this year to $1,100 next year,” Eric said.

That’s $1,100 for a family of four. 

Blue Cross Blue Shield left the Obamacare exchange in three major Tennessee markets citing a loss of $500 million over three years. That leaves 73 of the state’s 95 counties with only one insurer -- and average premiums up more than 50 percent. Other major insurers including Aetna, UnitedHealth and Humana have also exited markets in other states.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 November 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#503 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:50 PM

QUESTION: If many middle-class families are paying more for MANDATED INSURANCE, even more than a mortgage in many instances, where will they cut back on spending?

Will this giant wealth destruction affect the 2017 economy?

"There’s a “general consumer unease” that is impacting spending habits."

Restaurant recession...

Moody’s slashes its profit growth outlook as consumers struggle to pay bills and restaurants grapple with weak traffic

“Consumers are wrestling with higher nondiscretionary spending needs, while restaurant companies face higher operating costs, predominantly labor and challenged traffic trends,” Moody’s analyst Bill Fahy wrote in a note.

The cost of food purchased for home use—that is, groceries—has fallen 2.4% in the past year, government data showed in October.

At the same time, the cost of food away from home—takeout dinners and restaurant meals—climbed 2.4% in September from the year-earlier period.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 November 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#504 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

Today's Head-Lies: Unemployment rate drops to 4.9%!
BUT...94,609,000 QUIT LOOKING FOR A JOB!
NOT IN LABOR FORCE!!!
And the jobs available are largely PART TIME! Thank You Obamacare!
Obamacare requires full-time employees to be covered, but not part time.

Try to get a full-time entry level job at any large company. Good Luck young people.

Multiple Jobholders Hits Record High...

full%20time%20jobs%20oct_0.jpg

Home_ownership.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 04 November 2016 - 11:00 AM.

#505 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

INSANITY: Doing the same thing again and again, expecting a different outcome.

IE: Free money or services from the government is never free.

IE: Living off of other people's money is great until they go broke or leave.

On the other hand, truly FREE MARKETS work every time.

I have hundreds of choices about tonight's dinner, and within those choices I have thousands more to select from.

I can get a $1 chicken sandwich from McD's or spend $100's on a lavish restaurant, or eat out of my garden, or I could fast.

Britain's health service in 'humanitarian crisis'...

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's health service is engulfed in a "humanitarian crisis" that requires the support of the Red Cross to use Land Rovers to transport patients, the charity said on Saturday.

Founded in 1948, the National Health Service (NHS) is a source of huge pride for many Britons who are able to access free care from the cradle to the grave.

But tight budgets, an ageing population and increasingly complex medical needs have left many hospitals struggling during the winter season in recent years, prompting headlines about patients being left to wait on trolleys for hours or even days.

The Department of Health said it had injected an additional 400 million pounds ($490 million) of other people's money, but it's not enough!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 07 January 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#506 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

While I was sleeping, Trump's latest Executive Order to end the ACA penalty gave me $2,085. How much will you get?
Add to that the THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS you had to pay in premiums BEFORE you even saw the doctor and then had to pay "out of pocket" expenses AND co-pays...It's better than "FREE" health insurance.
This is real money that poor people can actually use to get health CARE. Maybe now some of the free clinics closed by ACA regulations can re-open!!!

Obamacare_Fine.jpg

Many Insured Americans Can’t Afford Health Care

Even though more Americans now have health insurance, many still avoid seeing doctors because of high out-of-pocket expenses. The annual report examined health insurance trends between 2003 and 2014.

The Commonwealth Fund defines a person who is underinsured as having annual out-of-pocket medical expenses—excluding premiums—that add up to 10 percent or more of household income, or equal to 5 percent or more of household income if gross earnings fall 200 percent below the federal poverty level ($22,980 for an individual and $47,100 for a family of four). Additionally, people with deductibles that are equivalent to 5 percent or more of household income are considered underinsured.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 22 January 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#507 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

Obamacare cost in the real world, for ONE PERSON who wasn't even sick.. $10,273.80

I just received my "1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement" for 2016.
Part III line 33 shows that I was charged $8,486.28 for "Second lowest Silver plan (SLCSP) premium."
I spent an additional $1,787.52 for out of pocket/co-pays for Doctor, lab & medicine.
Total $10,273.80 "Affordable" health care. and I wasn't even sick".

Out of pocket could have been an additional $6,000.

Before Obamacare, I had actual "AFFORDABLE" insurance for about $200 a month, and  put that extra $8,000 a year into savings.

Today, the majority have NO SAVINGS FOR RETIREMENT, but have Obamacare...if they can AFFORD the $10,000 TAX.

PS: Before Obamacare, my "Un-insured" sister-in-law suffered a massive brain injury in a motorcycle crash, then for 11 years she battled cancer. Her costs, including assisted living housing,  were all covered by my tax money just fine without me losing thousands in this fiasco called "AFFORDABLE".

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 January 2017 - 11:45 AM.

#508 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Blow to Obamacare Mandate: IRS Won't Reject Tax Returns That Don't Answer Health Insurance Question...

As of February 3, the notice said, the IRS "will now accept an e-filed return that does not indicate either full-year coverage or an individual shared responsibility payment or does not include an exemption on Form 8965, as required by IRS instructions, Form 1040, line 61."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 February 2017 - 09:53 AM.

#509 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

Republicans just punted on repealing Obamacare.  I am biggrin.pngbiggrin.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png my a$$ off. 

Talk about a horror story.  If they don't repeal, the Republican Party will commit suicide.  If they repeal and don't replace with something better for all the poor Trumpsters who are going to lose their health care (which obviously they do not know how to do), the Democrats will murder them. 

Maybe they should ask Putin what to do.  He seems to be the only guy who can get anything done on behalf of this administration.

As I said: biggrin.pngbiggrin.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png!

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#510 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

Trump threatens to let 24 million Americans keep their health care

Other than the fact people will die, courtesy of the GOP, this debate is just too, too funny.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."