Bugs

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 jacksterr

jacksterr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:33 PM

Hot links and charts seem ok here until I try to post stockcharts: http://stockcharts.c...id=p48077212991

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community

I added the .png as usual. still no link

Worked here however:

Mike Burk

39687_h.png

Uploading seems to work fine. http://traders-talk....-1448827297.gif

I'm having a heck of a time posting charts.

M

Not happy about old links saved,  for instance http://www.traders-t...howtopic=109889

When on my phone it was very nice for these links to open in that link, now it gives another link to open what before opened when the original page displayed. One ends up with a bunch of tabs open on there smart phone and on the go that is very sloppy and time consuming.

O

These are all related to the same cause and effect. The previous method of posting stockcharts, creating a 'false' link by adding .gif and .png to the end is not accepted by this version of the board. It was a security weakness in the old board.

Essentially any link that contains ? or = or & is not accepted as a valid image. And those 'false' links have not been converted either, hence opinionated's report too.

This is fixable, but not simple to do. Please be patient while we work this through. In the meantime, please just post links.

I understand that this is fixable, but, In regards to the "old saved links", do you plan on correcting this, so that the original charts are displayed instead of the links? Just curious/hoping...

#52 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:43 AM

I find that simply having the Fearless Forecaster Board open is driving CPU Utilization to about 50%.  That is board open, not doing anything.  That is a lot of CPU to do nothing.

And what evidence do you have that proves that this board is the cause of that CPU Utilization? Of course the impact on CPU Utlization will depend on the power of the CPU in the first place, but on my machine I see no change in utlization if I tab in and out of having the board loaded.

I know it is FF board driving CPU utilization.  If I load a non Traders talk page, thus closing the FF board, the CPU utilization will drop to low single digits from about 50% with the previous FF page open. 

I think I figured out why this is hapening.  I noticed that it does not happen all the time, say 90% of the TraderTalk pages.  I think that the my pop up, fishing, and virus blockers are blocking various TraderTalk pop-ups.  But when blocked, at least some of these pop ups keep trying to gain purchase on the page and drive CPU utilization way up.  Current theroy at least

TM

#53 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:47 AM

I think I figured out why this is hapening.  I noticed that it does not happen all the time, say 90% of the TraderTalk pages.  I think that the my pop up, fishing, and virus blockers are blocking various TraderTalk pop-ups.  But when blocked, at least some of these pop ups keep trying to gain purchase on the page and drive CPU utilization way up.  Current theroy at least

TM

Thanks for the update. As far as I'm aware, the board does not use pop-ups, unless you've asked for them to appear (for Personal Messages for example). If you find evidence of pop-ups, please let me know.

Oh, I said "I'm so happy, I could die."
She said "Drop dead," then left with another guy.

#54 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:49 AM

I understand that this is fixable, but, In regards to the "old saved links", do you plan on correcting this, so that the original charts are displayed instead of the links? Just curious/hoping...

It's not easy to do, it requires some  code writing. Currently filed under low priority. If there's something that's especially important and constantly being referenced, please send me a PM with a link to the topic/post.

#55 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:53 AM

I think sometimes people post dynamic charts on a particular day and that makes sense with what they said in re the chart - but after a few days an updated chart will make no sense at all.

best,
klh

#56 CRUISENAL

CRUISENAL

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

There are pop ups when using my iPad. There has been for over a year or more. The one I really dislike is the one at the bottom which I have to click off all the time. PITA! 

The banner ad is not an issue. 

#57 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:40 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the "Like This" buttons for individual posts within a thread is not working...and even claims that I've reached my maximum amount of likes for the day when attempting to do so!

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#58 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:09 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the "Like This" buttons for individual posts within a thread is not working...and even claims that I've reached my maximum amount of likes for the day when attempting to do so!

Fib

That's a 'feature' I think. The Like/Reputation system is disabled, but the button still appears.

#59 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

how about a bigger default font for all text on the site....  the text is way too small in proportion to everything else

#60 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

how about a bigger default font for all text on the site....  the text is way too small in proportion to everything else

Thanks for the feedback. It's not really a bug, and I'll leave it to the owner's discretion.