I subscribed to a guru's site

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

for a trial....I was curious. He told me the spx was going to drop and instead it's rising. I have realized that market gurus are like the priests.....they talk to you about what they don' t know, but they do it well.  At the end I have decided that I will go on counting on what works better for me.....the comparison between europe and america. Infact it seems to me that we're actually having a bounce and just that in europe....so that the captain is not in a much different situation I guess, although for sure it's much stronger on the whole. 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:59 PM

the captain is the spx

#3 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:02 PM

if guru knew how to make money on the market - why would he tell you about this??? always amazed me..

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

if guru knew how to make money on the market - why would he tell you about this??? always amazed me..

alex you are right, but let me tell you this...I subscribed for just a trial with no intention to ever become a paid subscriber. It's more or less like going to the tennis court and observing if the other partecipants to the game are or not as good as you are. I usually make these comparisons to find and order in things and understanding my position in such an order. The guru is anyway a nice person....others I met before are far worse

Edited by andr99, 01 March 2016 - 02:22 PM.

#5 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

I'm sure there are rugus out there who actually love to teach and are not about scamming people.  I don't see any harm in adding another profit center to one's business, as long as no one is being harmed.

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

guru.gif

#7 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

It is quite different to just comment on markets, than to trade for your own account and/or to trade on

full discretion basis, clients money imo.

Take Eric Hadik for example. He was less succesful in trading than he is now in forecasting the mkts.

Most easier for me is to trade for my own account and switch positions at the flick of a switch with no

explaining to numerous clients.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#8 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:06 PM

Is it our guru or some external one?

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

Like Ed Sekyota says "Newsletter writing and forecasting" is a novice job in this business. Successful traders grow beyond forecasting. They are rarely worried about where the market is going. They are not wedded to any market ideas or bias. The moment you do that, you are finished !. They are worried about one and only one thing - making money out of any given move - up, down, supported or not supported by internals, overextended or not, divergent or non-divergent, manipulated or non-manipulated, Fed-driven or crowd driven....i can go on. Trading requires a different mindset, a non-intellectual mindset, abolition of arrogance that the future can be predicted, basic common sense, with the eye on money and profits. Anybody who is serious about trading will learn this one or the other day. The rest just have their share of entertainment, forecasting and dissecting market moves, while they have a cushy day job or subscription income. So many folks on this site tried building a track record on collective2, but all of them failed. Most could not even make paper money. That's the reality of trading ! 

Edited by NAV, 01 March 2016 - 10:13 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:53 PM

http://stockbee.blog...er-writers.html

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV