Photo

"Ringing Cycle" Update: Like start of 2016?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

For fun:

The late Terry Laundry was a radar expert. Thus he tended to see the market movements as bouncing wave patterns much like radar waves or echoes bouncing off of canyon walls.

He would make a cycle observation based on a deep drop and then time the following frequencies based on the time interval of the following deep drop or "echo".

I have used the Oct. 2014 drop as my start point and tried various following price lows as possible cycle turns.

Some hit  and some invert.

We are right on the smallest bottom but it is closely followed by the big 11ish month cycle. The setup is similar to the double bottom in early 2016.

But don't bet the farm on it alone.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 March 2017 - 09:22 AM.

#2 Geomean

Geomean

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Per Stan Harley['s interview on Larry Pesavento's show on TFNN on Friday, the SPX has been hitting a 93 TD cycle of either lows or highs, +/- 1.9 TD standard deviation like clockwork since 2011.  Stan is currently #1 stock timer in Timer's Digest.  Stan said that a cycle turn is due here, with the center of the cycle low hitting on 3/22.  So a turn today would fall within the standard deviation.

Opportunity knocks on your door every day-answer it.

#3 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

I have a new rut high cycle in 5-6 day, then there will be some rising cycles.

If there is any drop should be in that transition to rising cycles, this has all been rolling topping

cycles. Maybe one drop late Apr because if they can buy 6 days with this can stretch for tax day.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan