VIX chart looks bearish for market

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

Heck, I'm tired and MAD. Had a short order for 2374.5 up in all three accounts a few minutes before 2:00 PM (after shorting 2374 and covering a bit lower first). Had to leave the computers for a few minutes and took the order down. Wow. Could have been a killer trade.

#12 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

If this holds to close, which it looks like it will, methinks we finally put in big Swing top today....

NAZ summation going to gap nicely below zero line today....on day that fresh ATH was made...don't see that very often.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#13 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

If we get decent overnight bounce, consider it a gift to get in, if not already short....this goose looks fully cooked now...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#14 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

After looking things over and scratching my head, I can see a real possibility of a short term bottom near or at tomorrow's close. I know that virtually nobody can see that possibility but I do. One thing must happen though. The low must hold and I will be looking for evidence that any bounce will fail. If I see it I will post it. No prediction as to how low (with 2304 ES an obvious choice but not necessary in my book).

Edited by Iblayz, 05 April 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#15 Charvo

Charvo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

VIX contango is at 0 now.  This is dramatic because a 0 contango usually means serious chaos, but the actual VIX future levels and the spot VIX are still at bottom levels.

I think there is severe danger until we get a VIX spike to reset market sentiment.

#16 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

After looking things over and scratching my head, I can see a real possibility of a short term bottom near or at tomorrow's close. I know that virtually nobody can see that possibility but I do. One thing must happen though. The low must hold and I will be looking for evidence that any bounce will fail. If I see it I will post it. No prediction as to how low (with 2304 ES an obvious choice but not necessary in my book).

~2300 basis the SP00s is a possible target, though I would prefer the ~2250 range, basis the SPX... twt.

Link to SP00 240-min chart:  https://postimg.org/image/lvjr0zheh/

SP00_240-min_4.05.17.jpg

#17 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

Good with that bottom lasting very long.....spike action stuff on more intermediate swing time frames suggests today was important top for at least a while....

I remember when Euro had similar spike action on daily time frame after a long run up to 1.37 a few years ago back in 2014. Turned out to be THE TOP.

Failure of NAZ summation attempted turn back up at zero line does not bode well for bulls either....

All that said, if NQ climbs back over 5435, bull might not be dead yet.

My guess however, is that next few 12 hour candles are down hard, as we are on the cusp of a big air gap in the 12 hour chart, and momo is seriously divergent and rolling back over....