23 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,021 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Yep.

Alas, also tied with a handful of my colleagues, but I'll take it. :)

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

Congrats Mark!
I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

Congratulations...nicely done!!

Not an easy thing to do with all the competition out there, no less, the distractions of running a message board!

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

Congrats!  Kind of ironic that all 11 Timers of the Year earned that distinction by not doing any timing during the year.  Just buy and hold. bull.gif

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

https://timerdigest.com/pubs/issue.pdf

#6 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:35 AM

Congrats!  Kind of ironic that all 11 Timers of the Year earned that distinction by not doing any timing during the year.  Just buy and hold. bull.gif

Exactly, that is how Da-Chief won all those years, just say I am long and never go short. Means nothing.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

Exactly, that is how Da-Chief won all those years, just say I am long and never go short. Means nothing.

It does on your resume...and this opens doors.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

http://www.qctraders...87/image001.gif

#9 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

In the 1990's I looked at Timer Digest and when I saw there was no requirement to time the market, just go long and hold all year we said no thanks. I personally have no knowledge of Da-Chiefs record. Did he actually time short term trades during a year or just time a low which he is the best at it ever and hold long or did he actually trade? I do not have that knowledge so I retract my comment, my apology Wollie, was just making an observation as all the yearly market timers went long in 2016 and have not traded. If we live long enough to see this wave off the SP-500 low at 1810 top when Da-Chief says its a low buy it.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

>In the 1990's I looked at Timer Digest and when I saw there was no requirement to time the market, just go long and hold all year we said no thanks.<    u just havent a clew