• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Congrats!  Kind of ironic that all 11 Timers of the Year earned that distinction by not doing any timing during the year.  Just buy and hold. bull.gif

Exactly, that is how Da-Chief won all those years, just say I am long and never go short. Means nothing.

That's really insulting and inaccurate, Larry. I know for a fact that Timer Digest actually had a problem with Don trading both ways TOO MUCH. And yet, he was Timer of the year more than anyone I'm aware of. 

I could mention the implications of your comment but I'll leave it at this; you owe Don an apology.

Moreover, do you not know how hard it is to not trade and to keep your subscribers (who tend to want to trade and trade short) to stay long? It went against every instinct and tendency I have. Implying that not falling for the market's tricks "means nothing", that not leaving anything on the table in a very tricky year "means nothing", that helping real professionals serve their clients well "means nothing", well, that's just inaccurate. It means a great deal to my folks and my account.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#12 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

Congrats!  Kind of ironic that all 11 Timers of the Year earned that distinction by not doing any timing during the year.  Just buy and hold. bull.gif

Exactly, that is how Da-Chief won all those years, just say I am long and never go short. Means nothing.

In the 1990's I looked at Timer Digest and when I saw there was no requirement to time the market, just go long and hold all year we said no thanks. I personally have no knowledge of Da-Chiefs record. Did he actually time short term trades during a year or just time a low which he is the best at it ever and hold long or did he actually trade? I do not have that knowledge so I retract my comment, my apology Wollie, was just making an observation as all the yearly market timers went long in 2016 and have not traded. If we live long enough to see this wave off the SP-500 low at 1810 top when Da-Chief says its a low buy it.

Posts crossed. 

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#13 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 852 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

Nice going Mark. Excellent work and  well done to Don and Fib who have been absolutely right.

#14 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

There are a lot of valuable people on this board. Please keep up the good work!

Trade safe.

#15 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

Yes there are but looking from the outside and being around about the same amount of time trading, never a bull or bear as I just sell option premium, kind of retired now, I do find some of the bulls here incredibly arrogant with their comments about the "traders" on this board that do "trade" both the upside and downside.  It's easy for them as we haven't even seen a -2% correction for a record amount of time.  There being wrong isn't something to brag about when its never happened before.  Volatility will return,,,,,,,someday lol!!!

#16 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

Mark,

Congrats !

Did you beat the S&P ? If so, by how much ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#17 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Yes there are but looking from the outside and being around about the same amount of time trading, never a bull or bear as I just sell option premium, kind of retired now, I do find some of the bulls here incredibly arrogant with their comments about the "traders" on this board that do "trade" both the upside and downside.  It's easy for them as we haven't even seen a -2% correction for a record amount of time.  There being wrong isn't something to brag about when its never happened before.  Volatility will return,,,,,,,someday lol!!!

Some of the best men I know in my lifetime are super arrogant. I just hope no one get pissed enough to be discouraged from posting. If one is tough enuf to survive the market, I'm pretty sure one can take a few stones thrown.

Trade safe.

#18 bighouse1006

bighouse1006

• Traders-Talk User
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

Congrats Mark!

#19 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

There really are! I've learned from a bunch of them, too!

Many of us have been at this TOGETHER since the early-mid 1990's on the original Fearless Forcasters!

Speaking of which, I don't know if you saw, but Carl Swenlin's daughter shared Timer of the Year with me this year. :)

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

Mark,

Congrats !

Did you beat the S&P ? If so, by how much ?

Matched it. There was nothing I felt comfortable trading against the trend.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here: