3 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hype or hope?
Article Link
Steven Jobs, the chief executive of Apple Computer, is expected to unveil an Apple phone representing his company's new mobile communications strategy — highlighted by a device that may include Jobs-inspired refinements like a sleek ceramic case and a transparent touch screen.
Industry executives and competitors say that Apple has developed the first of the next generation of devices that are closer to personal computers in pocket form, meaning that they will easily handle music, entertainment, productivity tasks and communications on cellular and other wireless networks.
Jobs has been rumored to have entered into an alliance with Cingular.
Recently, he told two associates, who asked not to be identified to avoid damaging their relationship with him, that he was more excited about his current project than he was about the Macintosh.

"Yahoo and Motorola join the fight" Article
Zander showed off new Motorola mobile telephones that will have the software built in and a one-click access design for easily connecting to the Internet.
"I've been using it," Zander told reporters at the press conference. "I'm a convert."
Yahoo has formed alliances with mobile telephone service carriers around the world to use the "oneSearch" service to make using the Internet on the move as easy as working from a desktop computer, Boerries said. "It is truly the Internet in your pocket,"

Search titan Google and South Korean electronics giant Samsung also used the Consumer Electronics Show to announce a similar alliance on Monday.
Samsung mobile telephones equipped with Google software applications will enable users worldwide to search the Internet, check e-mail, and map routes, according to the companies.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 08 January 2007 - 10:07 PM.

#2 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

Great. now I'm NEVER going to get my mother to use a cell phone. She barely know how to turn one on as it is NOW. :blink:

Posted Image

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

:blush: That's MY phone. It rings when someone is calling. Whooda thought?

#4 KCScott

KCScott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

I know a few here are short RIMM, but just got a new Blackberry Pearl through T-Mobile last week. I've gotta say, in an age where my expectations are set low for just about everything I buy, this product has more than exceeded what the salesperson told me. Phenomenal when something actually works exactly as described, and I'll also give T-Mobile thumbs up on their tech support in getting it set up.
KC Scott Blogs at IBC: http://ibankcoin.com/kcscott/