Airedale88 RIP : Posted on Short Term Trading

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 bobhun

bobhun

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

Bob will be missed. He was highly respected by all here. What a quality guy. He always shared his knowledge generously. Bob H

#32 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:14 PM

Even though I disagreed on some of his cycle stuff..I will miss a brilliant person. My condolences to his family. RIP.

#33 tradertalkmick

tradertalkmick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:24 PM

Very sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to his family. Michael

#34 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

Very sad news. Never knew him by name, but it was clear that Airedale88 was a true gentleman and scholar. His unique work will be missed. HE will be missed.....
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#35 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

The Man, The Myth, The Legend. He was surely not a Myth and will be missed. Now he is a legend.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#36 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

Ring-Ouzel (Blackbird of the Moors author unknown) Ay, see the hounds with frantic zeal The roots and earth uptear; But the earth is strong and the roots are long, They cannot enter there. Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray, And hie the terriers in; The warriors of the fight are they, And every fight they win." Thank You airdale88 for all your generosity here

Edited by jack, 25 March 2008 - 01:35 PM.

#37 Rightfield

Rightfield

• Traders-Talk User
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

God bless you airedale , may you rest in peace...... RF

#38 peregrine

peregrine

• Traders-Talk User
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

When someone as generous and wise as Airedale loses a battle with cancer, it makes things even more upsetting. I lost a friend to the disease last week, and the only way I could deal with my frustration and anger was to write a check to a promising research project. There's a fellow in southwest Florida who is going toward human trials with a process using nano-particles imbedded in a targeting medium, which solely destroys cancer cells using a 60 second radio wave treatment, and NOT any healthy tissue. So, I sent along a donation to that project. I would suggest finding a deserving researcher ...and consider a donation. There's got to be an answer somewhere. P

#39 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

This saddens me greatly. He gave freely to this board and was a true professional. I wish I had the opportunity to know him personally. My condolences to his family and to all who love him.
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/

#40 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

Good bye airdale88, you will be missed..
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?