I am now betting all in that today is the top

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 stocktrender

stocktrender

• Traders-Talk User
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

Too many people calling for 1200 and too optomistic here. If we close higher today, I will have to rethink things.

#2 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

based on anything other than optimism internalsexpoding=nasi naad etc
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#3 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

Today, possible map is a high midday (slightly higher than now.... 1154-1156) and then a slow erosion into the close, especially in the final hour.... not a spectacular sell-off.... if anything, more of what we already have, flat trading.....the volatility WILL ppick up next week, especially on & after Tuesday the 16th. Still holding QQQQ puts and plan on adding.

#4 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

Tough call here about the top..... I have a lot of indicators close, but no cigar yet.... I wouldn't want to call a top to early... Given that Mondays have generally been up. Barry

#5 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Too many people calling for 1200 and too optomistic here. If we close higher today, I will have to rethink things.

I missed the top but selling to get intense next week. Still short, holding on for at least a month or two down the road.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#6 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

Tough call here about the top..... I have a lot of indicators close, but no cigar yet.... I wouldn't want to call a top to early... Given that Mondays have generally been up.

Barry

Monday's action been caused by mutual funds, if we close below 1150 and below 1142, this coming monday a sell off will start.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#7 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

Tough call here about the top..... I have a lot of indicators close, but no cigar yet.... I wouldn't want to call a top to early... Given that Mondays have generally been up.

Barry

Monday's action been caused by mutual funds, if we close below 1150 and below 1142, this coming monday a sell off will start.

Could have a Key Reversal today.
“be right and sit tight”

#8 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

I missed the top but selling to get intense next week. Still short, holding on for at least a month or two down the road.

P only my st stuff is on sell. This thing should go higher after this correction to say 1135-1125. I wish to be wrong for your sake but my quarterly work is a beast and it is saying up. I am only half of what I use to short when going against this thing on the 1-3 day short and like 10% on intra-day stuff. Be careful man. Unless your holding for 1 year then never mind. :lol:

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#9 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

P only my st stuff is on sell. This thing should go higher after this correction to say 1135-1125. I wish to be wrong for your sake but my quarterly work is a beast and it is saying up. I am only half of what I use to short when going against this thing on the 1-3 day short and like 10% on intra-day stuff. Be careful man. Unless your holding for 1 year then never mind. :lol:

What he said. Good summary :huh: , and that's my read as well, fwiw. Hope I don't jinx your analysis by agreeing Z. ;)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#10 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

What he said. Good summary :huh: , and that's my read as well, fwiw. Hope I don't jinx your analysis by agreeing Z. ;)

Same for me too. P get out now. Still have chance to short after May.

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!