I am now betting all in that today is the top

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

Intraday does not look bearish... CBOE Put/Call not low... OEX Calls lead decliners today... Still bullish short term..... Barry

#12 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

Too many people calling for 1200 and too optomistic here. If we close higher today, I will have to rethink things.

You guys are LOCO! Can we hold our shorts for just a second (another day or two?)... It seems that everyone here read the book on double tops but noone read the book on Pivotal Points

souelle

(put this chart down yesterday but only Barry seemed to care)

Attached Thumbnails

• SPYMarch112010.jpg

Edited by souelle6, 12 March 2010 - 11:36 AM.

"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L

#13 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

http://www.chartofth.../20100312.htm?T

just sayin

Posted Image
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

I missed the top but selling to get intense next week.

Highly unlikely given the current breadth and volume data...maybe a 1% chance.

The bulls continue to be in complete control at this time.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#15 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

1125 SPX by Wendsday at the latest, imho. That will be the entry point for ALL bulls prior to a bounce-and a drop to 1088, or so-where they will all have already exited on a break of 1100. The bus won't travel fast North until the passengers have exited-and the shorts have found the courage to reload hard again.

Edited by thespookyone, 12 March 2010 - 11:58 AM.

#16 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

I missed the top but selling to get intense next week.

Highly unlikely given the current breadth and volume data...maybe a 1% chance.

The bulls continue to be in complete control at this time.

Fib

I rember you said that in January, missing the whole move down.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#17 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

I rember you said that in January, missing the whole move down.

You must be confusing me with someone else....I was short in January.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#18 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

Too many people calling for 1200 and too optomistic here. If we close higher today, I will have to rethink things.

I missed the top but selling to get intense next week. Still short, holding on for at least a month or two down the road.

P only my st stuff is on sell. This thing should go higher after this correction to say 1135-1125. I wish to be wrong for your sake but my quarterly work is a beast and it is saying up. I am only half of what I use to short when going against this thing on the 1-3 day short and like 10% on intra-day stuff. Be careful man. Unless your holding for 1 year then never mind. :lol:

What he said. Good summary :huh: , and that's my read as well, fwiw. Hope I don't jinx your analysis by agreeing Z. ;)

Don I wish we had that power to move the market by fading ourselves man now that would be some change eh. :lol:

I left 10% of the 50% i am willing to short this thing with. I did trade some quickies with 10% but not willing to any more from here. It would be great if they ran cash to one more high and say 1148 in the June. :D

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#19 bankster

bankster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

I think P was referring to the exchange you had with TechMan on January 15th.

http://www.traders-t...mp;#entry502456

#20 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

I think P was referring to the exchange you had with TechMan on January 15th.

http://www.traders-t...mp;#entry502456

Ahhh yes...the intraday double bottom post.

The content of that thread wasn't at all off track as the short term sell signal took place on January 21st. Never was there an intermediate term sell signal. The cumulative charts updates of 1/15 (the same day of the thread) fully pointed out the potential shorter term problem and the follow through of something bigger that might be happening with the 1/22 updates (Summation Failure). All of this can be verified at Technical Watch.

Anyway, went back long with the Hammer stick on 2/5 and just riding the current advancing sequence...until proven otherwise.

Fib