• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Interesting chart:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$COMPQ&p=D&yr=0&mn=3&dy=0&i=p90873464001&a=242687418&r=9261.png

.....So this is the tale of the castways,
They're here for a long, long time,
They'll have to make the best of things,
It's an uphill climb.....

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#2 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

Interesting chart:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$COMPQ&p=D&yr=0&mn=3&dy=0&i=p90873464001&a=242687418&r=9261.png

Don, I loved gilligans island...cheers mate and thanks for the post
Education is the best defense against the media.

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

Interesting chart:

LOL and si, Senor owns a chunk of that island and thinks the bears may lost, the bears may be lost...

Senor

#4 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

LOL and si, Senor owns a chunk of that island and thinks the bears may lost, the bears may be lost...

Senor

Senor, The bears are alone in that dark, desolate island. :lol:
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Senor

Senor took Ginger and Marianne and left the rest stranded :P

Senor

#6 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Senor

Senor

you took the right 2 :D
Education is the best defense against the media.

#7 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

Has it met the criteria?

http://www.hardright.../wizard/jc4.htm

The island reversal is a powerful technical tool. However, the classic island reversal, where a stock gaps up to a new relative high but the subsequent session gaps down leaving a high below the prior days low, occurs infrequently. Even given decimalization, the pattern is likely to remain somewhat rare.

Hence, I created the Gilligan's Island in order to capture reversals in the spirit of the one-day island exhaustion pattern. The Gilligan's Island is explained in my first book, Hit and Run Trading. Essentially, it occurs when a stock gaps up to a 60 day high but closes poorly (in the bottom 25% of the range). Gilligan buy signals are a mirror image.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#8 CRUISENAL

CRUISENAL

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Maybe they will get washed ashore!

Senor

Senor

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

I thought that show was cancelled after the professor made the first cell phone from a coconut and Ginger's underwear.
Unfortunately the island only had AT&T and the call was lost.
I think it was called the iThong.
:P
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 August 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#10 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

Has it met the criteria?

http://www.hardright.../wizard/jc4.htm

The island reversal is a powerful technical tool. However, the classic island reversal, where a stock gaps up to a new relative high but the subsequent session gaps down leaving a high below the prior days low, occurs infrequently. Even given decimalization, the pattern is likely to remain somewhat rare.

Hence, I created the Gilligan's Island in order to capture reversals in the spirit of the one-day island exhaustion pattern. The Gilligan's Island is explained in my first book, Hit and Run Trading. Essentially, it occurs when a stock gaps up to a 60 day high but closes poorly (in the bottom 25% of the range). Gilligan buy signals are a mirror image.

The "island", rather than one day as in the description above, in this case is seven days. But what makes this island legitimate is that the low on August 17th was 2488.09, then it gapped down with never a print above August 26 high of 2486.04 until it gapped back above the 2488.09 level today.

So between 2488.06 and 2486.04 there is no connecting land {no price prints}, leaving those seven days as an "island", not connected to the rest of the "mainland" before or after.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$COMPQ&p=D&yr=0&mn=3&dy=0&i=p90873464001&a=242687418&r=246.png

D

Edited by IYB, 29 August 2011 - 08:29 PM.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds