MARKET THOUGHTS

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

this is a trend chart for the RUT with more information than really meets the eye.
these trend charts are not meant to be day trading signals but are set up to remind us how to play the index.
the RUT is the only one of the 4 Majors to have started a New Bearish Trend change last week.

enjoy
:bowtie:

what we see here in the upper area of the chart is a bullish crossover (Green Squares) has now turned to a bearish crossover for the RUT (Sell Signal 1)
to reverse this negative action the RUT would need a strong up day to begin the reconstruction of a bullish trend.
this can and sometimes will happen as the lower oscillators near their BULLISH / Bearish mid-lines so that is something to keep in mind.

however most often Signal-1 going either direction is followed by Signal 2 and 3.

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 16 July 2014 - 01:55 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

thxs mr dev and today bradley turn date.
http://forbestadvice...nDates2014.html

Edited by draggen33, 16 July 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#3 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Bragley came yesterday at 1959 es!! :lol:

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

im wondering if anyone can or does ... produce an overlay chart of the bradley turns onto any of the 4 major indexes just for comparison ? i know long term will not work but what about in the short term ? i dont follow bradley ...havent for many years but i would be interested in how it compares to the trend turns for the chart above.

Edited by Mr Dev, 16 July 2014 - 09:38 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#5 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

Bragley came yesterday at 1959 es!!

:lol:

I can see why you would say that , but I respectfully disagree.
the top IMHO is here

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

here is a link to the prior RUT resistance talked about @1165 Just 2 days ago
also talked about this week pre Yellen was the RUTs potential to weaken the others major US indexes.

i may be giving the FEDs too much credit... but Yellen may have intended to partition the Small Caps from actually influencing the other indexes by pointing to
them as overvalued during here testimony.

heres a chart of the key area of trendline breaks (boxed) for the RUT so far this year.

one should also consider this price area a horizontal trendline that is dissecting the most recent of the 3 uptrend lines which date back to 2012 !

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 16 July 2014 - 10:15 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#7 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Mark, i think that the board as a whole, as well as mods and subs, would greatly benefit from removing the Laughing Emoticon. its comes across as degrading in the way that it is most often used. just and idea. :bowtie:

Edited by Mr Dev, 16 July 2014 - 10:23 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#8 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

the top IMHO is here

And I believe your wrong, as of late the bradley has not signaled major trend change. It has signaled the beginning or end of a vst correction or that one was about to take place. And SINCE we have been in a correction since july 7 then the odds favor that it signals the end of the vst correction.

But time WILL tell put your chips with what the charts are telling you. Personally I expect three days of very nice gains. Ans as of 1962 es yesterday my chips are placed.

best

#9 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Mark,

i think that the board as a whole, as well as mods and subs, would greatly benefit from removing the Laughing Emoticon.

its comes across as degrading in the way that it is most often used.

just and idea.

:bowtie:

:swoon:

it was not intended that way sir...

#10 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

the top IMHO is here

And I believe your wrong, as of late the bradley has not signaled major trend change. It has signaled the beginning or end of a vst correction or that one was about to take place. And SINCE we have been in a correction since july 7 then the odds favor that it signals the end of the vst correction.

But time WILL tell put your chips with what the charts are telling you. Personally I expect three days of very nice gains. Ans as of 1962 es yesterday my chips are placed.

best

the way i understand the Bradley its plus minus 3 days which would coincide with Merrimian date of july 18-21.so we could both be right in the near term if this all turns next Monday
I have put 100k in chips on table in 401k left the other in cash,the other rest is in publix stock privately held !!
If we were to have a crash I could still get out of it , but since i have owned it since 1981 I doubt i will.
I just really believe this market is way overblown,it has to come back to reality for me to invest in it.This is 2nd yr of presidential cycle usually bad things happen along with seasonality is not good until nov.
good day to you, not good luck I need that!!!

Edited by draggen33, 16 July 2014 - 12:16 PM.