Senor smells a top

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

there will be no top until april 17th 2009, the Marty Armstrong cycle point.

at that time gold price should be near 1250 and the mining stocks will be at their old all time highs.

this case is supported by the very large inverse head and shoulders patterns we are seeing on mining indices.

mining earnings late NEXT WEEK. we may do a short term top on the earnings... pull back to neckline support after that and THEN resume higher to challenge all time highs.

IMHO I believe that if you are using the Martin Armstrong cycle to predict Gold then it would most likely be predicting a low in April as the more recent cycle highs have been lows, while the lows have been highs. The March 5th 2007 Gold low was only 4 trading days from the February 27th 2007 Armstrong cycle high and that Gold low has been the low, which after some more sideways to higher action, relentlessly moved much higher into the top on March 17th 2008 which was only 8 days from the March 25th 2008 Armstrong cycle low. If these next two Armstrong cycles work as the previous two have, then you'd expect a pullback into the late first quarter, early second quarter and then a rally until mid 2011. I have no idea it that's possible but certainly with 's going on in the world, it can't be totally out of the question and probably more likely than a blowoff now. I will be looking for a topping process here and a good strong pullback into early spring, where I want to be a buyer.

#12 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

I bought a boat load of Feb and Mar GDX puts today. Looking for a bottom under 25 around Feb 19-23.

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

at that time gold price should be near 1250 and the mining stocks will be at their old all time highs.

this case is supported by the very large inverse head and shoulders patterns we are seeing on mining indices.

mining earnings late NEXT WEEK. we may do a short term top on the earnings... pull back to neckline support after that and THEN resume higher to challenge all time highs.

IMHO I believe that if you are using the Martin Armstrong cycle to predict Gold then it would most likely be predicting a low in April as the more recent cycle highs have been lows, while the lows have been highs. The March 5th 2007 Gold low was only 4 trading days from the February 27th 2007 Armstrong cycle high and that Gold low has been the low, which after some more sideways to higher action, relentlessly moved much higher into the top on March 17th 2008 which was only 8 days from the March 25th 2008 Armstrong cycle low. If these next two Armstrong cycles work as the previous two have, then you'd expect a pullback into the late first quarter, early second quarter and then a rally until mid 2011. I have no idea it that's possible but certainly with 's going on in the world, it can't be totally out of the question and probably more likely than a blowoff now. I will be looking for a topping process here and a good strong pullback into early spring, where I want to be a buyer.

very thoughtful and well put . dharma

#14 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

I purchased some GDX puts today. I will likely buy more tomorrow (March expiry). I still own GORO, JAG, AUY, SLW, SLV, ER.to, SSRI, CSI.to (bought today). I sold all my trading positions in the sector (GG, ABX, most of SSRI, most of SLW, some of SLV). I think we are approacing an IT or at the very lease ST top. My guess is this sector gets crushed when 'mark to market' is temporarily suspended or some other permanent solution is offered. We then see several weeks of consolidation and then move up again. At least that's what will happen in my imagination (LOL).

#15 gvc

gvc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

which coincides with golds 8-9 year cycle lows (96-102 months) the last one ending march '01

#16 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

Top? Gold should at least retest the all time high. Minimum. Gold is more near a bottom than a top. Mark my words.

You are a broken record and only say the same thing all the time, like Senor's parrot. :lol:

NO BS

Senor

#17 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

Bueno, this makes mucho sense to Senor. Gracias

NO BS

Senor

#18 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Senor in bull markets you should only say 1 thing. Not like a parrot, but like a rock. Unlike you, I know gold is in a bull. You are unsure. I'm not playing this game for peanuts. I want the whole enchilada. And thats NO BS.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

gold keeps banging up against the 950 resistance, from my perspective there is one more high left. and one more in the miners. the miners have been testing the top of the pennant today. and have formed a bull flag. so tomorrow should be all she wrote for this leg. venus goes retrograde march6th for 6 weeks which should be a damper on any upside in gold. @least until march 19th, which will be a low. dharma

#20 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

gold keeps banging up against the 950 resistance, from my perspective there is one more high left. and one more in the miners.
the miners have been testing the top of the pennant today. and have formed a bull flag. so tomorrow should be all she wrote for this leg.
venus goes retrograde march6th for 6 weeks which should be a damper on any upside in gold. @least until march 19th, which will be a low. dharma

we are muy close as in horse shoes and hand grenades amigo :o :o

NO BS

Senor