Pre-Market & After Hours Trading w/Scottrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sjj

sjj

• Traders-Talk User
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:29 AM

Folks, I've done just a little bit of pre-market and after hours trading with Scottrade. I hear lots of folks talk about buying at the open and selling at the close - but not much talk about pre-market and after hours trading. I would very much appreicate any advise, particulary problems associated with such. FYI, market closes at 12 noon my time and I am often at lunch. This can be very frustrating at times. I can still trade for a couple hours in the after market. Many thanks for any advise.

You can't be a beacon if your light don't shine !

#2 darnelds

darnelds

• Traders-Talk User
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

I trade with Scottrade also. You really have to watch their executions (what price you get) for market orders. It's bad during market hours, so after hours might be much worse. If I ever decide to trade a lot pre- or after-hours, I will do so through Interactive Brokers. But, even with IB, never with market orders, only limit orders. You can verify this some afternoon by comparing the bid-ask just before closing with bid-ask about 15 minutes after closing. Big spreads in some cases (depending on volume).