• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

hi dharma,

hi john, my dates were 20-21april low w/a late may/early june high. venus going direct is major for gold , happened on the 19thof april. dharma

That should work. I'll play this very conservatively because once that high in June is achieved, I'll be long gone for months thereafter. A major cycle low is due late 2009 or early 2010.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

hi dharma,

hi john, my dates were 20-21april low w/a late may/early june high. venus going direct is major for gold , happened on the 19thof april. dharma

That should work. I'll play this very conservatively because once that high in June is achieved, I'll be long gone for months thereafter. A major cycle low is due late 2009 or early 2010.

cheers,

john

john-jupiter goes retrograde from mid june to mid october, sometime in that period, i think gold will test the 7-750 range and i do think the 4th quarter will be strong and new highs into the 1st quarter of 10 as the recognition phase will present itself. this is all a process. it takes time. but , i think it will be very rewarding.
dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 April 2009 - 10:43 AM.

#13 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

An interesting confluence of lines & indicators. While we now have a rising flag of 5 days, much looks good. A break above the 50dma and resistance at 34 would be very interesting indeed. Some serious volume would be nice. I'm scaling in but had been out of gdx since that burst outside the BB and gap closusre on Dec. 17th. It's been noise ever since.
-MK

http://stockcharts.c...83130&r=370.png

#14 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

Sold half my GDX on the five-minute parabolic. About 4 percent for the day. Moving stop on the other half to 15-minute parabolic or end of the day whichever comes first. Good trading to everyone. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#15 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

Mike,

There's still room for some shake and bake.

http://stockcharts.c...83130&r=370.png

The Barrick chart looks similar. Tough buy as I know that this coming rise will not be that strong. Short term longs are not safe until we get past opex tomorrow. Small positions only and will add late Friday.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#16 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

Sold second half of GDX. I am flat on the day trade. About 3.2 percent on this half. Good trading to everyone. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#17 raleigh

raleigh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for selling me your GDX; I'll take on up from here. Go GDX !!

#18 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:18 AM

Stops tighter today than yesterday, will let er ride but adios quickly if too mucho downside happens. BSing away Senor

#19 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:50 AM

Long GDX again. Five minutes in. Moving stop from open to break even. Fun. Good trading to everyone. :)

#20 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

Long GDX again. Five minutes in. Moving stop from open to break even. Fun.

Good trading to everyone. :)

si looks bueno but we are hitting muy importante resistance in XAU and GDX

NO BS

Senor