Photo

Market Opinion Poll For Thursday

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Market Opinion for Thursday (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Market Opinion for Thursday

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:28 PM

Market Opinion Poll For Thursday Short and sweet. I'm just saving Darris a bit of time.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:48 PM

Thanks Mark. I was picking out Xmas picuture backgrounds with the wife and could not get access to the computer. LOL

#3 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 12:03 AM

Mark and/or Darris...

I'm wondering if tonight's poll is measuring what was intended, as the order is normally: bullish, neutral, bearish... but this time bearish is in the middle where neutral usually is. And I think neutral normally gets the most votes. I think we need a re-count. Somebody have a good magnifying glass to study the "dimpled chads" and "hanging chads" and....?

Which, btw, brings up a second point: Why, at Fearless Forecasters, do we need a neutral catagory for those to timid (fearful) to take a stand? I say if they can't even vote a simple up or down, then they certainly don't qualify as fearless forecasters. :o :huh: :blink: :unsure: :lol:

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 08:43 AM

Mark and/or Darris...

I'm wondering if tonight's poll is measuring what was intended, as the order is normally: bullish, neutral, bearish... but this time bearish is in the middle where neutral usually is. And I think neutral normally gets the most votes. I think we need a re-count. Somebody have a good magnifying glass to study the "dimpled chads" and "hanging chads" and....?

Which, btw, brings up a second point: Why, at Fearless Forecasters, do we need a neutral catagory for those to timid (fearful) to take a stand? I say if they can't even vote a simple up or down, then they certainly don't qualify as fearless forecasters. :o :huh: :blink: :unsure: :lol:

IYB,

Doing nothing is not a fearful action unless you are fearful. If it's the right thing to do, you certainly don't need to be fearful to do it, right?

;)

Seriously, I think that the neutral readings are the most telling at times.

There's no way I'm getting rid of them.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter