World's biggest debtor nations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#11 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

So we are just barely among the worst? And that's good news?

Edited by Sentient Being, 07 May 2009 - 11:04 AM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#12 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

I liked it back when we were the worlds top creditor nation - but i guess most of you arent that old...
best,
klh

#13 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

d: yeah ... then everybody would want to be ... it's called merchantilism ... "beggar thy neighbor" ... how did that work out for the globe? and why not back to the gold standard which gave us many depressions? ;)

#14 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

There is an easy solution to all of this. Just default. Tell everyone in the world to go pound sand, and let em come and put the squeeze on us for any dimes they care to find. First though they have to cut off all our oil, and then get thru our military. We do a have few hundred nukes left too. (ouch) The greater fools are everyone lending us their hard earned fiat. ;) Im not worried. Are you worried ? america is like Clint eastwood. Go head "make my day !" Still the Superpwoer until proven otherwise, which means that wont change until or if we have WWIII.

Edited by nimblebear, 07 May 2009 - 01:43 PM.

OTIS.

#15 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

Very nimble thoughts from Nimblebear. A few hundred nukes makes a big difference who is who... Who said slavary is dead? It's just less recognizable. Slaveholder's scourge was replaced by nukes.... plus a little bit of marketing and advertising. ;)