Why the market has to go down...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

I'm watching the same stuff, I just don't think it will work this time.
I'm going against the odds, I know.

It appears that RotRot has some proprietary indicators, which begs the question.... How can you be watching the same stuff when you probably don't have his stuff?

I'm watching the same breadth indicators, not necessarily the same
oscillators, doesn't matter, they are all about the same.

#12 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

IYB:

no prob about the teasing ... ;) i have to be careful, though. the asst. principal, "mss", has already taken me into the office and paddled me this weekend for being ugly to several of the bears and my bottom is still sore.

as to "moonbeams v. TA" i'd say moonbeams are already way ahead of SOME TA at the key turning points. i have pointed these out. but, if you include sentiment in TA as well as in "moonbeams" (as i do) then they can both be winners.

but in both, it's important to remember this:

"sometimes the magic works and someimes it doesn't"

in alia, in veritas, luna beama illuminata ultima

:redbull:

#13 capgain55

capgain55

• Traders-Talk User
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

IYB:

no prob about the teasing ... ;) i have to be careful, though. the asst. principal, "mss", has already taken me into the office and paddled me this weekend for being ugly to several of the bears and my bottom is still sore.

as to "moonbeams v. TA" i'd say moonbeams are already way ahead of SOME TA at the key turning points. i have pointed these out. but, if you include sentiment in TA as well as in "moonbeams" (as i do) then they can both be winners.

H1, give it a rest will ya? All the people on this board that have been around long enough,know that you were long way too early and all the way down, then you got lucky on this bear market bounce and you think you're brilliant. Personally I figure you're not even broke even from last year and you will lose more in the coming decline.

nuff said.

#14 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

IYB: please understand i am not saying all TA, just some TA -> that TA which does not honor, with proper emphasis: sentiment, cycles and moonbeams - all of which i include in my eclectic system. :)

#15 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

IYB:

H1, give it a rest will ya? All the people on this board that have been around long enough,know that you were long way too early and all the way down, then you got lucky on this bear market bounce and you think you're brilliant. Personally I figure you're not even broke even from last year and you will lose more in the coming decline.

nuff said.

Amen. He's been a bull from the 1200-1300 area... all the way down to 666. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

He also NEVER posts any trades... probably because he never makes any. Just a silly permabull IMO.

#16 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

IYB:

:lol: I did notice, though, that you avoided answering the question I asked, which was the very question you had just asked someone who had posted his very well-thought out, well-documented market analysis. Is there a reason you will not answer?
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#17 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

JAP: not true, of course. you have the right handle, lol.

#18 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

IYB:

if the market goes down and my position turns into a loss, yes of course, my intrepetation of "moonbeams" (as i have described it) will have been wrong in this instance. that's pretty clear.

remember: the title of this thread, and why i objected, is why the market has to go down. it was the has to thingy not TA in general. i hope that helps you understand my initial comment.

p.s. moonbeams ™ ... ggg

Edited by humble1, 24 May 2009 - 08:18 PM.

#19 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

Humble was bearish into last Sept., got long the first bottom, rode out the
retest and added June calls March 3rd.

I think he has the longer term figured pretty good, so probably is why
he is willing to take some short term heat.

http://www.traders-t...howtopic=102520

#20 capgain55

capgain55

• Traders-Talk User
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

Humble was bearish into last Sept., got long the first bottom, rode out the
retest and added June calls March 3rd.

I think he has the longer term figured pretty good, so probably is why
he is willing to take some short term heat.

http://www.traders-t...howtopic=102520

Horsehockey, I watched him scream long longer than that!, I 'm not a newbie here, but have been a long time lurker.