Missed it!!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 The_Gold_Miner

The_Gold_Miner

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:22 PM

:o Ahhhhh... Missed the big move... Oh well, maybe next time around. :)

#2 teki

teki

• Traders-Talk User
  • 707 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:41 PM

I think you can still claim a small victory here, at least you're not long this move. I was on the edge of exiting my remaining shares, and I said I'll give it one more day. I like your latest indicator. Maybe next time....

#3 TechSkeptic

TechSkeptic

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:18 PM

Know how you feel. I'm very nervous now with my gold stock positions right now. Since I am employing mainly a buy and hold discipline in this sector, it takes all the discipline I can muster not to sell everything today. But if were to do that, I'm sure it would be the bottom. :o

#4 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:24 PM

TS, don't know if tomorrow is a low/bottom but it's likely there be at least a brief bounce on Wednesday.

#5 The_Gold_Miner

The_Gold_Miner

• Traders-Talk User
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:36 PM

www.wavespeak.com called this wave count correctly in my view. Ryan is calling this sinker a 3rd of a 3rd with wave 5 yet to come. I'll be waiting for a long setup at this point. I think that long term traders can add on a day like this and probably over the next week or two as well.

#6 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:51 PM

Hi GM, I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Definitely not prepared for today. I sold a little yesterday seeing the potential for another run down. But not this. Wave speak could be right and this is a 3-3. Sure looks like one. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#7 TechSkeptic

TechSkeptic

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:55 PM

TS, don't know if tomorrow is a low/bottom but it's likely there be at least a brief bounce on Wednesday.

I only said it would be a bottom if I were to sell. Since I didn't sell, that means gold is headed straight down from here.... :o

#8 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:58 PM

sorry to hear that John. hey this year is still young so got plenty of time to get back a bad week. at least the xau/hui are hitting their 200dma, maybe near/at support. best, SC.

#9 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 03:03 PM

TS, if it's any confort...I'm likely to be a big buyers tomorrow mostly in gold stocks. I'll buying much lesser this time in silver stocks, I think for the medium term, silver and silvers stocks will underperform the gold stuff. remembered the gold/silver ratio, well it bounced up from 51 and the silver stuff are getting it to the chin. we see how it does when it gets toward 60. currently at +54. best SC.

#10 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 03:49 PM

In the past corrections ended as there was no real expectations of interest rate rises...that doesn't appear to be the case here the PM are coming off historical COT levels of speculative participation...gold tends to show some firmer signs of bottoming before taking off....I am in no rush
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.