Well, well, well......

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

A few miners are at the starting gate. gg uxg nxg sa and plenty of others. Will they breakout here? Next week is key. I think the odds are good for a major breakout. The dollar rally I thought was going to happen evaporated. The catalyst for the breakout could be the breakdown of the dollar. The stockmarket continues to build bullishness and could mask the breakout move in the real bullmarket which is gold miners and gold/silver. Party is on dudes. :banana:
If it can be cornered, it will.

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

A few miners are at the starting gate. gg uxg nxg sa and plenty of others. Will they breakout here? Next week is key. I think the odds are good for a major breakout. The dollar rally I thought was going to happen evaporated. The catalyst for the breakout could be the breakdown of the dollar. The stockmarket continues to build bullishness and could mask the breakout move in the real bullmarket which is gold miners and gold/silver. Party is on dudes. :banana:

No, they will not breakout yet, more downside needed.

BSing away

Senor

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

Party on, silver bulls!

ETFs could give silver further boost

Silver Trust (SIVR) , an open-ended fund sponsored by ETF
Securities, started trading last week. Like other exchange-traded funds backed by physical silver, the fund will track price of silver bullion.

The release of SIVR came amid rising investment demand for the white metal, while demand for gold ETFs has mostly been sliding in the past two months. Investors are betting that silver's dual function as both an inflation hedge and as an industrial component will lead it to continue to outperform gold as the global economy slowly recovers.

"You have to look at [the rise in silver as coming in anticipation] of an economic recovery," said Jon Nadler, senior analyst at Kitco Metals Inc.

http://www.marketwat...?dist=bigcharts
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

so senor: how much downside are you looking at? not a major C down in miners?

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

so senor: how much downside are you looking at? not a major C down in miners?

Maybe XAU 110-115, not sure, do not have much interest. Mostly in cash and enjoying the summer.

BSing away

Senor

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

http://www.safehaven...ticle-14020.htm
dharma

#7 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

http://one.realtimes...t...c2=8&mfi=14

Take a look at that chart. Its trying to breakout. The small caps may move first. Gold may do whatever. It may be time for the gold stocks to become leaders. nxg is my only gold stock anyway. It may get bought out. I hope not. I want $250 a share.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

By the way bueno timing on yout post, you may have put the top in place. :rolleyes: :lol: :D

BSing away

Senor

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:44 AM

dharma

the cot is telling in this piece. no one is right all the time. i take from everyone. this cot report is valuable. i had a turn in gold on friday. there is more time left to this upcycle, however pressure from the 9yr and 4.5yr cycle till it bottoms sometime in october/maybe even november. then i think we have a run. i built cash for whatever low we put in this fall. the short term upcycle is due to top sept 18th, i dont think it will be a strong upmove as the long term cycles are exerting downward pressure.so no new highs maybe 1k. then the big cycle lows. watching the fib retracements for this last upmove to determine the strength of this correction. hourlies are oversold and support is not far away
the broads have put in hourly divergences-dia, spy and iwm and faz has divergences indicating bottoming
dharma

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

dharma

the cot is telling in this piece. no one is right all the time. i take from everyone. this cot report is valuable. i had a turn in gold on friday. there is more time left to this upcycle, however pressure from the 9yr and 4.5yr cycle till it bottoms sometime in october/maybe even november. then i think we have a run. i built cash for whatever low we put in this fall. the short term upcycle is due to top sept 18th, i dont think it will be a strong upmove as the long term cycles are exerting downward pressure.so no new highs maybe 1k. then the big cycle lows. watching the fib retracements for this last upmove to determine the strength of this correction. hourlies are oversold and support is not far away
the broads have put in hourly divergences-dia, spy and iwm and faz has divergences indicating bottoming
dharma

Dharma, this is where I disagree with you somewhat. IMO the grande cycle lows were made last Fall - no doubt in Senors mind. The upcoming lows should be wave DOS bottoms, mucho higher lows, but we do agree the upcoming bottom will be a grande time to buy.

PURE BS

Senor