Photo

the bumps just keep getting bigger.......

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 rotrot

rotrot

• Traders-Talk User
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

SPX fib chart going way back... SPX_FIB_CHART_GOING_WAY_BACK.jpg B) rotrot

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

how about a line connecting the 74 and 82 lows........see where it goes eh......

Edited by da_cheif, 02 August 2009 - 06:46 PM.

#13 MoneyFriend

MoneyFriend

• Traders-Talk User
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:10 PM

how about a line connecting the 74 and 82 lows........see where it goes eh......

Here you go Mr. W,

A nice wide view of the real big picture! Easy to get lost in the IT minutia, I keep this chart handy as a reminder of how crucial it is to my account's survival to keep buying those dips.

Posted Image

Shame on Armstrong for not having applied his Pi BS to a simple moving average! :lol:

Edited by MoneyFriend, 02 August 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#14 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

http://siliconinvest...?msgid=25832015

the 98 bump and the oct 98 hiccup faded into a pimple........this one will do the same

Don one tiny little problem... we are trading under that pimple again over 10 years later but as we have seen over that same period we on occasion lose rational thought for a little while. Some things just never change :D

leave it to you to see a series of rising tops and rising bottoms as bearish....... :lol:

:lol: Don I agree with you IT. You have been correct for 5 months and could last who knows another 10 ...Hence the "Some things never change." It s just the LT picture I was referring too for the rest that pimple you were making fun of is above the current price 11 years later. Not the best example to make fun for LT people thats all I was saying.

no worries time will cure all things. up or down. I do not care for my kind of trading.

Z

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#15 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

the 98 bump and the oct 98 hiccup faded into a pimple........this one will do the same

Don one tiny little problem... we are trading under that pimple again over 10 years later but as we have seen over that same period we on occasion lose rational thought for a little while. Some things just never change :D

leave it to you to see a series of rising tops and rising bottoms as bearish....... :lol:

:lol: Don I agree with you IT. You have been correct for 5 months and could last who knows another 10 ...Hence the "Some things never change." It s just the LT picture I was referring too for the rest that pimple you were making fun of is above the current price 11 years later. Not the best example to make fun for LT people thats all I was saying.

no worries time will cure all things. up or down. I do not care for my kind of trading.

ive been correct for the last 35 years........

#16 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

Gotta hand it to ya', Donald. When even a 900 point slide in the SPX couldn't shake you out.....I don't anybody can accuse you of not having the courage of your convictions! :huh: :o :)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#17 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:43 AM

It is really amazing that the guy that trades the least is the highest frequency poster in this board of late. This is a Traders board and as such I appreciate the comments from real traders and we know who they are. Permabulls and Permabears are just a boring lot. I am amazed at the responses they get. GS.

#18 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:58 AM

Gotta hand it to ya', Donald. When even a 900 point slide in the SPX couldn't shake you out.....I don't anybody can accuse you of not having the courage of your convictions! :huh: :o :)

I'm impressed with anyone who can develop and make a living off of a subscription site based on a strategy that is, beyond the small talk,...

Buy

and

Hold.

Edited by milbank, 03 August 2009 - 06:02 AM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#19 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

I'm impressed with anyone who can develop and make a living off of a subscription site based on a strategy that is, beyond the small talk,...

Buy

and

Hold.

u would be more impressed if you were an actual subscriber and knew exactly what i was doing instead of sitting here and taking pot shots about something you know absolutely nothing about....... ;)

#20 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

considering inflation has eroded 93% of your purchasing power in those 35 years (still dropping) and the SPX has gone up as a printed number about the same or less begs the question... did you really go anywhere in true value in those 35 years or just in a printed number on a spreadsheet? :D

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.