finally, someone else

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

confirms my observation that bull markets never end w/a whimper. and its richard russell no less who has 50 years experience in the markets
http://www.321gold.c...sell091109.html
dharma

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

confirms my observation that bull markets never end w/a whimper. and its richard russell no less who has 50 years experience in the markets
http://www.321gold.c...sell091109.html
dharma

Ah si, perspective is what's importante. I am a long term gold bull, I think a gold grande correction is not yet over is all.

BSing away

Senor

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:10 PM

highest weekly close for gold! dharma

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:02 AM

One of those POR's or a significant reversal. COTS say reversal for now. Sorry.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

w/a new weekly high close for gold, i do not think this is the top of this cycle. i look for a spurt to the cycle highs on the 18th. and then a correction. volatility, which has been quite lame for this market , is going to increase and while the dollar looks to be finishing this down leg, its lows are a distant ways away. loss of purchasing power of the currency is how governments buy time. ultimately i am looking around .5 for the dollar to be putting in a low. my price targets for gold wont be mentioned yet, as they are too outlandish to be mentioned @this time. the kingpin of all fiats is going to be buck naked and confidence in govt world wide is about to reach new lows. gold is an alternate currency w/a long history of being money. the balance of this year is going to be interesting and exciting . dharma

#6 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

w/a new weekly high close for gold, i do not think this is the top of this cycle. i look for a spurt to the cycle highs on the 18th. and then a correction. volatility, which has been quite lame for this market , is going to increase and while the dollar looks to be finishing this down leg, its lows are a distant ways away. loss of purchasing power of the currency is how governments buy time. ultimately i am looking around .5 for the dollar to be putting in a low. my price targets for gold wont be mentioned yet, as they are too outlandish to be mentioned @this time. the kingpin of all fiats is going to be buck naked and confidence in govt world wide is about to reach new lows. gold is an alternate currency w/a long history of being money. the balance of this year is going to be interesting and exciting . dharma

dharma

This has got to be the MOTHER of all bulls!! :D :) :D :P

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

dharma

This has got to be the MOTHER of all bulls!! :D :) :D :P

Best to you.

yes it will be , there will be many limit up days
there is no fever like gold fever
dharma

#8 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:11 AM

Dharma,
Do you think this correction that will come in gold will be short, shallow, and swift and then the bigger leg up in gold to follow? Merriman has 9/18 as a turn date, plus/minus 3 days. Next week should be pretty interesting as we are now going to have our 3rd passage of Saturn-Uranus opposition which the last two showed a top in the markets and a swift down.

It feels like a new kind of crisis is going to happen and I too am getting the feeling now that it is about the dollar's time running out. Too much smack from China, UN, et al about a world currency...then everyone says, not yet..maybe 2 yrs but something doesn't feel right. Everytime the dollar was getting some traction into the 79 area, someone would talk about world currency and it would keep it down - ultimately the consolidation it had been doing for several months broke. That to me means something else is going on behind the scenes. Just recently China started talking about issuing their own bonds. Perhaps China announces more selling of treasuries on a larger scale??

Also, during a Mercury retrograde which we are under now till the 29th but its band goes into mid Oct, can distort ta. This could throw people off thinking if gold starts to reverse around the 18th, that a top is in which right now, the way things are all coming together, your theory could be really what is happening - sooner than later.

Do you have a projection when the next low comes in for gold?

Thanks and good call.

TM

#9 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

If I may comment: I have Wed, Thurs or Fri of this week marking a potential turn in gold, FWIW - similar to what you say Merriman has My feeling is we will either start moving lower to re-test the top of the triangle ($970-75) or start to explode higher, by the end of this week If a re-test of the top of the triangle were to occur, and fail, $950 would be the next level of support for gold Just my opinion, FWIW
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

bottom line: the real risk is being out of the real bull as dharma has so patiently told us. thinking any one of us, short of senior , will time it right is JUST PLAIN NUTS