• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

Yes, you're right COT is only one component of the whole picture - but I thought I'd mention my agreement with Senor re: interpretation of the COT data
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#22 Psycho

Psycho

• Traders-Talk User
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

My biggest problem is I am blind to opposite opinions. I read articles by gold bears like Nadler. BUT, I tend to skim thru the articles and just hit the high spots. I am long on gold and truly think the gov/fed and the too big to fail banks have truly set us down a road to a currency crash. It may take years for this to take place due to a series of events or one big economic crash like last fall but I fell it is a gone too far to be avoided. Anyway, I tend to read and reread supporting opinions. With all the big banks and speculators and even gov's trying to force gold down it make me wonder "Should I take my marbles and go home"? It is like Johnny Keyes said in a song "A scared man can't gamble and a jealous man can't work". Last fall I was too scared not to gamble because I had lost so much and I felt I had nothing else to loose, well little left, now that I am in the black I could do like Cramer says and skim off 10% as it rises and eventually play with only thier money. I'e seem at all the charts and trends of how things should develop historically over the next two months. The problem is I do not know who is messing with the system. That lack of knowledge/information keeps me from knowing if I have rolled the dice one too many times.

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

although the cycle i follow tops on the 18th , it looks to me like it finished today. after today , i have 1 trading position left and it will be coming off soon. i look for a good correction over the next coming weeks dharma

#24 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:54 AM

although the cycle i follow tops on the 18th , it looks to me like it finished today. after today , i have 1 trading position left and it will be coming off soon.
i look for a good correction over the next coming weeks
dharma

Good call many weeks back calling for this rally.
Currently about 80% long from lower levels, and if weakness develops will continue to add.
Opting to not trade this bull...holding strong.

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 15 September 2009 - 06:55 AM.

#25 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:49 AM

although the cycle i follow tops on the 18th , it looks to me like it finished today. after today , i have 1 trading position left and it will be coming off soon.
i look for a good correction over the next coming weeks
dharma

Good call many weeks back calling for this rally.
Currently about 80% long from lower levels, and if weakness develops will continue to add.
Opting to not trade this bull...holding strong.

thanks! my account noticed also :lol: i am removing positions slowly, we are in what appears to be a topping pattern. scaling back to core positions. i do think this will be a 15-20% correction. so the boys will get long. so , have some powder dry. those juniors you missed will give us another shot @lower prices. now is when patience comes into play
dharma

#26 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

still holding on! oh by the way the largest cot short position was when gold crossed 400 in 79, those guys became bull fodder dharma

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

divergences now gone! we are in a run! dharma

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

there is a possibility that we topped last night, this am. i had the cycle topping tomorrow. however, i am not going to argue w/the market . scaled back trading positions. thank you mr. market. i think where ever this bottom occurs in oct/nov it will be a back the truck up event. dharma

#29 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

i am scaling back too dharma but seeing some continuing strength here

#30 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

Sold all my positions yesterday. Watchful waiting mode to go short. Then.........come the correction, as dharma says, I back up the truck.
Peace
johngeorge