97% Bulls

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Gold is in a secular bull. Having said that it is challenging highs in yen and euros. I would expect this area to proved resistance...but who knows. I'm staying long the sector until the GDX starts to weaken.

#12 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:44 AM

i believe this is about lack of trust in government. and it will take on a life of its own
all the best
dharma

I agree with dharma. There has been a palpable loss of confidence in the US govt
since the China trip.
The March 2008 top is not relevant.
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:05 AM

there are folks on this board who are very experienced, some of whom dont post much, and obviously longevity is a guide post. there are no handouts in this biz, if you've survived its cause you've learned some things. for those looking for a breath of fresh air, markets are simple. a trend in motion will continue until it actually stops-aristotle. we are in a mini parabolic here. step in front if you choose, it wont be profitable, but do it if you must. to make up for loses, you have to have some big winners. and being w/the trend will cover ones butt. hopefully, before too long most will recognize this, and make some coin. somehow, just sitting is difficult. we have years to go on this market. and it has a long ways price wise. and yes, there will be a good correction when this wave finishes. gold is not a religion for me, its a vehicle and when your neighbors are buying gold, i will be selling. until then , take a seat, trade if you must. dharma

#14 Kimston

Kimston

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:02 PM

I'm guessing the Daily Sentiment Index will be in the 98 to 100% bulls range after today's move. Kimston

#15 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

Exhaustion gap????

#16 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:12 AM

Welcome to Stage Two of Gold's Bull Market

Bull markets are marked by three distinct stages, and when gold climbed above $1,000, it only entered its second stage. In other words, gold has much further to climb in the months and years ahead.

So don’t be misled by what you may hear or read in the mainstream media and even much of the alternative media. After all, how many commentators have correctly identified gold’s bull market, now a decade old?

An old and trusty adage says that bull markets climb a ‘wall of worry’. In gold’s first stage, there seemingly was a lot to worry about.

Gold is now in its second stage, and of course, the worries don’t disappear. They never do because there are always emotional reactions that at first blush offer seemingly plausible reasons for not taking the right action. But there is a notable difference in this stage compared to stage one. Look how many people are writing and talking about gold. Gold has moved from apathy and neglect – stage one characteristics – to growing attention. But importantly, instead of embracing gold and analyzing it to determine relative value, today’s attention is one of widespread disbelief and skepticism that gold can climb higher. These are exactly the responses one should expect to emanate from stage two.

As gold climbs higher, we will eventually enter stage three. The timing of its arrival cannot be predicted, but we will know it has arrived when commentators who have been consistently wrong about gold will be telling everyone willing to listen to buy gold.

http://www.kitco.com..._oct232009.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#17 Kimston

Kimston

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

Bull markets are marked by three distinct stages, and when gold climbed above $1,000, it only entered its second stage. In other words, gold has much further to climb in the months and years ahead.

So don’t be misled by what you may hear or read in the mainstream media and even much of the alternative media. After all, how many commentators have correctly identified gold’s bull market, now a decade old?

An old and trusty adage says that bull markets climb a ‘wall of worry’. In gold’s first stage, there seemingly was a lot to worry about.

Gold is now in its second stage, and of course, the worries don’t disappear. They never do because there are always emotional reactions that at first blush offer seemingly plausible reasons for not taking the right action. But there is a notable difference in this stage compared to stage one. Look how many people are writing and talking about gold. Gold has moved from apathy and neglect – stage one characteristics – to growing attention. But importantly, instead of embracing gold and analyzing it to determine relative value, today’s attention is one of widespread disbelief and skepticism that gold can climb higher. These are exactly the responses one should expect to emanate from stage two.

As gold climbs higher, we will eventually enter stage three. The timing of its arrival cannot be predicted, but we will know it has arrived when commentators who have been consistently wrong about gold will be telling everyone willing to listen to buy gold.

With 97+% bulls and all the commentators on CNBC recommending gold now and projecting $2,000 - $5,000 or higher, I'm not seeing the widespread disbelief or wall of worry. Some more timing work I've done says gold is most likely topping next week. There may be another high in Jan/Feb timeframe, but that should be the end of this phase, followed by a drop to at least $873 (the 1980 top) and perhaps $650. We'll see soon enough. Longer term I have major turn for gold in 2014. I'm not sure if will mark a high (probably around $3,400) or a low (probably well under a $1,000).

Kimston

#18 wxman

wxman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

looks like up until April 2010 to me
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$HUI...amp;a=150421605

With 97+% bulls and all the commentators on CNBC recommending gold now and projecting $2,000 - $5,000 or higher, I'm not seeing the widespread disbelief or wall of worry. Some more timing work I've done says gold is most likely topping next week. There may be another high in Jan/Feb timeframe, but that should be the end of this phase, followed by a drop to at least $873 (the 1980 top) and perhaps $650. We'll see soon enough. Longer term I have major turn for gold in 2014. I'm not sure if will mark a high (probably around $3,400) or a low (probably well under a $1,000).

Kimston

#19 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:12 AM

hi Kimston,

I have a gold low targetted for next summer 900 - 1000. The next gold correction will coincide with a drop in the stock market into the next 18 month lows. Should be a winner.

I tried to email you but no reply.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#20 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

I think that we will see the high next march imo
That wouldnt be unusual. will that give enough time to crash into your low Silent?

hi Kimston,

I have a gold low targetted for next summer 900 - 1000. The next gold correction will coincide with a drop in the stock market into the next 18 month lows. Should be a winner.

I tried to email you but no reply.

cheers,

john