Hulbert Sentiment extreme?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

Read the link below and combine with the post below that mentioned extremes of bullishness. I have pared longs to only holding a few favored juniors, accounts are at highs for the year and I an happy and over 90% in cash. Best to all my amigos here.

http://www.marketwat...high-2009-11-20

NO BS

Senor

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

Read the link below and combine with the post below that mentioned extremes of bullishness. I have pared longs to only holding a few favored juniors, accounts are at highs for the year and I an happy and over 90% in cash. Best to all my amigos here.

NO BS

Senor

looking for a short term top 1st week in december. i doubt that i will do anything
dharma

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

NO BS

Senor

looking for a short term top 1st week in december. i doubt that i will do anything
dharma

I am being muy cautious amigo, I am seeing so many 2000, 3000. 5000 price projections that it makes Senor MUY nervous. I am not short and slightly long just a few favored juniors, and muy relaxed with a bueno year in the books. Best to you

NO BS

Senor

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

NO BS

Senor

dharma

I am being muy cautious amigo, I am seeing so many 2000, 3000. 5000 price projections that it makes Senor MUY nervous. I am not short and slightly long just a few favored juniors, and muy relaxed with a bueno year in the books. Best to you

NO BS

Senor

i am looking to add onto my good year. if you didnt trade in the last gold bull. then remember the nasdaq. it just kept launching. the fundamentals keep getting more obvious. and we are in wave 3=recognition. i am seeing people who bought in the 3s selling. and they also sold the 1st time @1k , they will be correct for a short period of time. you have that 6th sense. you will be aok. dharma

#5 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

NO BS

Senor

dharma

NO BS

Senor

i am looking to add onto my good year. if you didnt trade in the last gold bull. then remember the nasdaq. it just kept launching. the fundamentals keep getting more obvious. and we are in wave 3=recognition. i am seeing people who bought in the 3s selling. and they also sold the 1st time @1k , they will be correct for a short period of time. you have that 6th sense. you will be aok. dharma

I think this inflated gold pig is going south, and south hard.

NO BS

Senor

#6 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:33 AM

The gold market is extended. No question there. A dip of some type will come at some point. "South hard"? I doubt it. Frankly, I keep reading how bullish everyone is on gold, and yet yesterday I counted no less than 7 folks between here and the FF board either shorting gold or expecting a very major decline. Some expect a decline as much as 750. I did not see anyone yesterday going long. Reminds me of last August I believe, when there were virtually no bulls in the dollar. Looks like all those bears on the dollar were right. This psychology thing only works if there is some type of fundamental change that may be taking place. Are you expecting a rise in interest rates soon? Or perhaps you expecting a stop to money supply growth? Or reigning in government spending and fiscal pumping? I think not. Here is what I find true: At every peak there will be a large percentage of bulls. But a large percentage of bulls will not necessarily insure a peak. I think we'll get some type of correction at some point. I think it will be disappointing. But since you are expecting a "south hard" type of move, are you shorting something? IT

Edited by IndexTrader, 24 November 2009 - 10:34 AM.

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

The gold market is extended. No question there. A dip of some type will come at some point. "South hard"? I doubt it.

Frankly, I keep reading how bullish everyone is on gold, and yet yesterday I counted no less than 7 folks between here and the FF board either shorting gold or expecting a very major decline. Some expect a decline as much as 750. I did not see anyone yesterday going long.

Reminds me of last August I believe, when there were virtually no bulls in the dollar. Looks like all those bears on the dollar were right.

This psychology thing only works if there is some type of fundamental change that may be taking place. Are you expecting a rise in interest rates soon? Or perhaps you expecting a stop to money supply growth? Or reigning in government spending and fiscal pumping? I think not.

Here is what I find true: At every peak there will be a large percentage of bulls. But a large percentage of bulls will not necessarily insure a peak.

I think we'll get some type of correction at some point. I think it will be disappointing. But since you are expecting a "south hard" type of move, are you shorting something?

IT

you are one of the very few who post here that makes sense to me
why guys want to short a bull market is beyond me
the graveyards are filled w/traders who persisted in shorting a bull!
for months now senor has been warning of a precipitous decline in gold! and it has almost gone vertical.
and now, w/a potential comex squeeze it could really get interesting.
i do my own work
and come to my own conclusions
when a run occurs, which is rare, it is difficult to know where it will end. i am using time as my guide
dharma

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:19 AM

The gold market is extended. No question there. A dip of some type will come at some point. "South hard"? I doubt it.

Frankly, I keep reading how bullish everyone is on gold, and yet yesterday I counted no less than 7 folks between here and the FF board either shorting gold or expecting a very major decline. Some expect a decline as much as 750. I did not see anyone yesterday going long.

Reminds me of last August I believe, when there were virtually no bulls in the dollar. Looks like all those bears on the dollar were right.

This psychology thing only works if there is some type of fundamental change that may be taking place. Are you expecting a rise in interest rates soon? Or perhaps you expecting a stop to money supply growth? Or reigning in government spending and fiscal pumping? I think not.

Here is what I find true: At every peak there will be a large percentage of bulls. But a large percentage of bulls will not necessarily insure a peak.

I think we'll get some type of correction at some point. I think it will be disappointing. But since you are expecting a "south hard" type of move, are you shorting something?

IT

for months now senor has been warning of a precipitous decline in gold! and it has almost gone vertical.
i do my own work
when a run occurs, which is rare, it is difficult to know where it will end. i am using time as my guide
dharma

We all have our opinions amigo, I am short gold via DZZ (bought at 12.65 this morning) with a very tight stop at 12.48. Bueno risk/reward IMO. It's a trading position that I like, if I am wrong I know quickly and will have a muy small loss. Seems very few see the risk I do. It's all good.

Senor

#9 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:04 AM

IT

i do my own work
dharma

Im with you. I was right about gold knifing right thru $1000 (hot knife thru butter) when it was muy below it, and when senor was nostly bearish. Now its above $1160 handsomely. Sure it may correct a bit. Its volatile. But anyone saying its going down hard, is only saying it bc they HOPE it goes down much lower so they have a chance to buy in at a better price. I warned that if you didn't get on the train then, it would leave the station without you, and you would likely never again have the chance to jump on it. Now folks are highly afraid to jump on it, and if they do now, they could take a loss. so they are screwed. Their pysche is busted. You and I are not. Senor is happy with his cash, and thats ok for him, but I'm far more happy with my huge position in gold, and gold stocks, and some juniors. My worst buy is net positive by 30%. I accumulated much of my gold starting back in 1999, and then again when we had some massive dips and nobody wanted it. Its so comical to see folks like Paulson jump on the bandwagon. Finally. after how many years now are people starting to get a clue about this stuff ?

if the price drops, its a massive gift. I wouldnt count on it though. and to count on dropping hard is well... shall I say fools gold. :lol:
OTIS.

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

gapped down below support: tricky these markets...