"Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past"

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Anchorage sets record for longest snow season...
5/18/2013
232 days - it took over 30 years for Anchorage to set a new record for the longest snow season on record.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 May 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Locally have had a record breaking cold spring...
Usually swimming pools are open this weekend.

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND: SNOW?

Memorial Day weekend is expected to feel more like “winter” for areas of the eastern U.S., according to forecasters at weather.com, with snow possible for parts of the Northeast.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 May 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#13 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Locally have had a record breaking cold spring...
Usually swimming pools are open this weekend.

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND: SNOW?

Memorial Day weekend is expected to feel more like “winter” for areas of the eastern U.S., according to forecasters at weather.com, with snow possible for parts of the Northeast.

I love those who call the 97% of scientists who believe in climate change, "religious", :-)

The fact is it is the religious who believe man can't harm the Earth and a deity is in charge and will protect us.

So it is the superstitious who refuse to see the facts staring at us.

Funny how man caused but then corrected the ozone layer depletion. The deity must have been asleep on the job.

#14 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past

Monday, 20 March 2000

According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.

David Parker, at the Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research in Berkshire, says ultimately, British children could have only virtual experience of snow. Via the internet, they might wonder at polar scenes - or eventually "feel" virtual cold.

Global warming likely to cause colder and snowier winters, scientists say

http://www.aol.com/a.....26pLid=529696

Edited by stocks, 17 September 2014 - 09:38 AM.

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#15 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

I love those who call the 97% of scientists who believe in climate change, "religious"

Strawman argument.
I imagine that 99.99% of everyone believes in climate change.
Climate has been changing since day one.

The "religious BELIEVERS" close their eyes to history, facts, cycles and simply parrot what is repeated to them.
True scientists question both consensus and conventional wisdom.
See: Galileo vs The Flat Earth Society.

"I was taught to question EVERYTHING. To challenge all assumptions and hold them to the highest possible scientific standards...But I never once questioned the conventional wisdom.
For that I am truly sorry."

Watch Dr. Peter Attia tearfully apologize for being a youthful "know it all" and not questioning conventional wisdom.
TED: note especially 2:40m

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 September 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

The fact is it is the religious who believe man can't harm the Earth and a deity is in charge and will protect us.

Straw-man argument...again.
I have never said anything like that nor have I even read it here or elsewhere.

Real men of science do not fudge data.
Like Galileo, they "question EVERYTHING, challenge all assumptions and hold them to the highest possible scientific standards."

It was your Flat Earth Society that held a non-factual religious view and formed a consensus which condemned deniers like Galileo.
Posted Image
"THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED!"
(To quote Reverend Al Gore)

PS: You may enjoy this book: This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate
It explains how the radical left communists, displaced by the fall of the USSR, found a new home in the radical environmental movement.

It explains why most environmental leaders like Al Gore and Richard Branson don't live what they preach.
It's never been about the environment. That's just the ruse.
It's about destroying capitalism and wealth redistribution via taxing carbon.
(But it's funny how they redistribute wealth to themselves.) ;)

Watermelon environmentalists: Green on the outside but always pink in the center.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 September 2014 - 08:38 AM.