• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_ageka_*

Guest_ageka_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:58 PM

Seven
I have always been in a gigantic knot over currencies
It used to be so that my South African shares went up and down with gold in Belgian Francs (probably because most buyers were Belgian or of the fixed 2.5% floating currency block )
and that my Canadian or American shares went up and down with gold in dollars

Do you know were I can find the price of gold in Suisse francs since 1970 ?

This is the closest I've found in the 'free' realm:

Pacific Exchange Rate Service

I have that one it only starts in 1992
It is good though if you want to look at gold vs rand

Well that sucks. If you find something better let me know. I haven't checked on these services in awhile - might be betters out there but I haven't had time to surf much lately.

This one is slightly easier to read but only 10 years

http://tacticalinves...goldcharts.html

#42 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:09 PM

I SEE THE 8 YR. CYCLE HIGH COULD OF CAME; BUT , IS/WILL/MAY IT BE LATE , IT STARTED LATE!! BECAUSE ,I DO NOT SEE A SPIKE HIGH ,THAT ENDS THE MOVE ??.GOLD DOES NOT MAKE IT EASY !!!!

#43 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:18 PM

Prove you wrong? about what? periods of deflation? I think you could do that in 2 minute yourself; use google.

#44 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:27 AM

Prove you wrong? about what? periods of deflation? I think you could do that in 2 minute yourself; use google.

It's easy to challenge someone's opinion. To prove it using original thought (I've probably already read every link you ellude to as it were) is an entirely different thing. If your passion runs deep you'll do your homework, not I. In doing so perhaps you'll teach me something. I'm always eager to learn.

Best regards,

-Seven

#45 SevenOfEleven

SevenOfEleven

• Traders-Talk User
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:36 AM

I SEE THE 8 YR. CYCLE HIGH COULD OF CAME; BUT , IS/WILL/MAY IT BE LATE , IT STARTED LATE!! BECAUSE ,I DO NOT SEE A SPIKE HIGH ,THAT ENDS THE MOVE ??.GOLD DOES NOT MAKE IT EASY !!!!

Not sure I agree that "IT STARTED LATE!!" but the rest I find no conflict with. Many times cycles of various frequency and amplitude simply work until they don't. The biggest trick, as with anything involving odds, is to be right more often than wrong.

#46 thakid

thakid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:48 PM

Seven Markets are very difficult to predict and i will willingly admit that i mess up all the time when it comes to my forecasts. IMHO Its better to be wrong sometimes than never wrong at all. People that are wrong actually (hopefully) learn from there mistakes...where as when I find men that are never wrong, in my opinion, they have never learned. I shun these types more than any, for they are the most likely to attract disaster, and because they are never wrong they don't know how to deal with it as well as someone who is wrong all the time, like myself ( : So thank god you were wrong because now your 1 step closer to being right. Now thats playing the probabilities. Ever seen the karate flick Master Killer? It shows you how the strongest and most talented fighters are the ones that make the most mistakes. I believe its true. TKD

#47 thakid

thakid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:44 PM

See wareren Buffet lost 600 million shorting the US dollar these last few weeks, he admitted this loss... today. Wish i had that kinda money to throw around, Even the best admit their mistakes, thats what makes them the best. You can bet your bottom dollar hes going to learn from this one.

#48 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:58 PM

711: to be clear: you think the 1930s were the only period of deflation in US history?

#49 thakid

thakid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:21 PM

Doug, What do you think the gold market holds in store for us these next few weeks? TKD

#50 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:32 PM

agnostic on the next few weeks. the rr is good here however imo. none of the funnymentals have changed for gold or the dollar imo. and the psychology clearly supports wave 2 action: more bearish than ever. but another wash out to kill dreamers is not unlikely.