Long Term $HUI wave count

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Bueno bueno beuno, lets see if gold stocks are on fire into el closo.

Senor

Good bet Yesterday Senor, I am still holding HGU but probably trade it on the way backup on this B wave up in my opinion. I knew of the risk of the move down this AM to $HUI 363.50, bu I'm happy.

GS.

ya know amigo look at any weekly chart of XAU, GDX, HUI, GDXJ and it could muy easily be an a-b-c drop that is el finito. Now maybe we do go lower but IMO we certainly do not need to.

BSing away

Senor

#62 edamat

edamat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:34 PM

is it a good time to invest in gold/silver/platinum coins? or wait till Senor's $1000 gold? thanks

#63 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

is it a good time to invest in gold/silver/platinum coins? or wait till Senor's $1000 gold?

thanks

Be careful how you quote me amigo, I do not know if gold will go to 1000, and if it does whether it will hold there, and as far as any investment you make that decision should be ENTIRELY up to you. Do your homework and understand all risks.

NO BS

Senor

#64 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

Senor

Good bet Yesterday Senor, I am still holding HGU but probably trade it on the way backup on this B wave up in my opinion. I knew of the risk of the move down this AM to $HUI 363.50, bu I'm happy.

GS.

ya know amigo look at any weekly chart of XAU, GDX, HUI, GDXJ and it could muy easily be an a-b-c drop that is el finito. Now maybe we do go lower but IMO we certainly do not need to.

BSing away

Senor

Senor, Agreed on the weeklies and the ABC look, what's bothering me is the break of the trend line. But I'll play this up move with my 60 Min chart and reasonable stops to protect profits. I won't take any significant draw downs.

GS.

#65 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

Senor

GS.

BSing away

Senor

Senor, Agreed on the weeklies and the ABC look, what's bothering me is the break of the trend line. But I'll play this up move with my 60 Min chart and reasonable stops to protect profits. I won't take any significant draw downs.

GS.

Si amigo, Senor will have profitable stops in place on all positions, there are just TOO many ways this could evolve, being conservative is best bet.

BSing away

Senor

#66 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:38 AM

If amigo Hoye is correct on where the dollar is going IMO we need to be muy careful of expecting any significant norte action the next few months. Si, Gold could eventually decouple from dollar but IMO it will not do so in a meaningful way for some time yet. This is a muy sobering view which Senor tends to agree with, so any long positions I take will in most cases be TRADING positions.

http://www.321gold.c.../hoye020610.pdf

PURE BS

Senor

#67 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

If amigo Hoye is correct on where the dollar is going IMO we need to be muy careful of expecting any significant norte action the next few months. Si, Gold could eventually decouple from dollar but IMO it will not do so in a meaningful way for some time yet. This is a muy sobering view which Senor tends to agree with, so any long positions I take will in most cases be TRADING positions.

PURE BS

Senor

Another big question is how much has already been discounted given the recent correction???

#68 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

PURE BS

Senor

Senor, have you listened to Hoye's radio show this week? http://www.howestreet.com/audiovideo/ It's a good listen.

#69 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

I subscribe to Hoye's letter, this week he mentioned that the rsi on the gold/silver ratio was a level (74) which should limit the move up. The HUI's rsi is also at a point that will limit the decline. It is the same for base metals and it is the same with the rsi of the USD. He said the target of .85 for the USD could take awhile. So we might just have a few weeks before the downtrend continues on gold.

#70 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

Off the December highs we had three very clear waves down: could be 3 of 5 complete or an ABC is complete or we have abc of A complete and we are now in B up. 416 is a resistance level. it ccould go higher, but that's my target for now. The optimistic c of B wave scenario is unfolding. 3 of 3 of what down? 5 of C? Des not matter any more as this is not happening. but on the next rolldown it will be the beginning of a C or third wave.....down... Still long with HGU for now.... GS. [/quote]