• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

dougie

I think we have support @ ~ 42 and ~39 on the 1 year daily chart of GDX. A break of ~39 would not be good as we could see ~34. That being said I believe gold is in a bull market and will show lots of volatility. I am accumulating shares on a monthly basis in TGLDX for the long term.........5+ years.

http://stockcharts.c...6842&r=6917.png
Peace
johngeorge

#22 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

Hey Dougie, RGLD challenging muy importante resistance, breakout? Senor likes. BSing away Senor

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

i expect the pressure to persist for a few more days to possibly the end of this week. then i think we get the rally. using the weakness to to accumulate specific issues. anyone stay in Chesapeake gold ? new forever highs again today. looking for 27 and when they reevaluate gold in the ground by juniors. looking for $50. all within time. how long will it take before folks realize the fdic cannot cover all deposits? sovereign debt is an eye opener. what we see takes time before the public sees and more time before they react. its all a process. the amazing thing is, in retrospect it wil be quite apparent, and we will say"what were we thinking". i happen to agree w/gannman. i look for a larger correction this summer/fall. 900s-850. yes the commercials will be overrun and just like they came w/hat in hand for taarp they will yell foul and try for a rule change. remember it wasnt volker persistently raising rates that killed the bull in 80. it was the rule change. one could nt buy silver but could only sell. its obvious which way the price would go. bye bye hunt bros. dharma

#24 golden

golden

• Traders-Talk User
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hey Dougie, RGLD challenging muy importante resistance, breakout? Senor likes.

BSing away

Senor

Not much to like about it, can't even get through the 200 day.

A failure here and we are likely heading back to test the 200 week at 35.

Pure BS
"There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side."

#25 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

i expect the pressure to persist for a few more days to possibly the end of this week. then i think we get the rally.
using the weakness to to accumulate specific issues. anyone stay in Chesapeake gold ? new forever highs again today. looking for 27 and when they reevaluate gold in the ground by juniors. looking for $50. all within time. how long will it take before folks realize the fdic cannot cover all deposits? sovereign debt is an eye opener. what we see takes time before the public sees and more time before they react. its all a process. the amazing thing is, in retrospect it wil be quite apparent, and we will say"what were we thinking".
i happen to agree w/gannman. i look for a larger correction this summer/fall. 900s-850.
yes the commercials will be overrun and just like they came w/hat in hand for taarp they will yell foul and try for a rule change. remember it wasnt volker persistently raising rates that killed the bull in 80. it was the rule change. one could nt buy silver but could only sell. its obvious which way the price would go. bye bye hunt bros.
dharma

dharma:

"Held my breath" the past several weeks and stayed with Chesapeake - thanks for your ultimate upside targets!

stubaby

#26 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

i expect the pressure to persist for a few more days to possibly the end of this week. then i think we get the rally.
using the weakness to to accumulate specific issues. anyone stay in Chesapeake gold ? new forever highs again today. looking for 27 and when they reevaluate gold in the ground by juniors. looking for $50. all within time. how long will it take before folks realize the fdic cannot cover all deposits? sovereign debt is an eye opener. what we see takes time before the public sees and more time before they react. its all a process. the amazing thing is, in retrospect it wil be quite apparent, and we will say"what were we thinking".
i happen to agree w/gannman. i look for a larger correction this summer/fall. 900s-850.
yes the commercials will be overrun and just like they came w/hat in hand for taarp they will yell foul and try for a rule change. remember it wasnt volker persistently raising rates that killed the bull in 80. it was the rule change. one could nt buy silver but could only sell. its obvious which way the price would go. bye bye hunt bros.
dharma

Dharma, you think we should be in the end of this week? Your no longer thinking that we dip into March 10th? If your thinking that gold will have a large correction this summer do you have a target for the HUI and XAU? TIA

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

i never thought we dip into march 10th. there is a high correlation to mars going direct and gold going up. and that occurs march 10th dharma

#28 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

i never thought we dip into march 10th. there is a high correlation to mars going direct and gold going up. and that occurs march 10th
dharma

Okay, thanks. I don't really understand all of that, I misunderstood what that would mean going into that date.

#29 golden

golden

• Traders-Talk User
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

What kind of a board is this. Gold goes down and they all run away.
"There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side."

#30 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

this board has been dead for years get used to it